BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: May 2005
Vehicle: 85 300 TDT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 94Wagenmeister
(Thread Starter)
FS: 1989 300SE (Metro DC Area)

It’s a vehicle I purchased for my daughter who uses it as a daily driver. Local VA car that I bought from a MB tech that he had purchased for his kids. 170K on the chassis, about 120K on the motor. The A/C was never reconnected but I’ve got most parts to do that. Nor was the auxiliary fan, but the temp has never gone above 100, even in DC traffic. I also have that. Here’s what I’ve done in the last 6 months: plugs and wires; fresh fluids and filters (including fuel); L&R upper control arms and ball joints; sway bar bushings; transmission mount; front and back flex discs and center support bearing; L&R tie rods; shifter linkage; rear brakes and fluid flush. Truth in advertising: I replaced back ABS sensors chasing an ABS light, and finally disconnected it. Brakes work fine and just not the ABS. I believe when the front brakes are done next time and you clean the sensors you can reconnect the ABS and it will work. PO’s daughter banged into a light standard learning to drive in the snow, but it was nicely repaired. Because I can do so in MD, I put Historic tags on it and did not need a safety inspection or emissions. I have no reason to think the car wouldn’t pass either, but I am selling it as is. All electrics work except the DS rear window is off track. It has an after market system with an iPod adapter that sounds great. I’ll let anyone do a PPI on it at their expense and I’ll drive the car anywhere if you’ll pay to get me back to DC. It is what it is, a nice dependable SE that I had every intention of fixing further. She just doesn’t love it like I thought she would, and I’ve already got the Benz I want. $1750/offer to anyone on BenzWorld. I’ll check back but prefer PMs and will answer any questions or send additional pics upon request. Am trying to post a link to PhotoBucket below:

300 SE 061610 pictures by sbleggi - Photobucket

Scott in MD/DC
85 TDT the "Blue Whale"
past: W124 wagon, W126, W202, W201, lotsa VDubs
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: