w108,107 Parts Hoarder
Date registered: Jun 2010
Vehicle: 4Keep:450slc5.0cab 280sl5sp 280se4.5 500seAMG 2sell:500sl92 380se83 300se86 350sl4sp 75slc MorInSig
Location: Philadelphia Area
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1754 Post(s)
WANTED List of items needed for 1973 450 SL just purchased
A) Service Manuals
B) Parts for wipers which stopped working:
- wiper motor
C) Instrument cluster rheostat ("Periostat"? on right side of cluster)
D) Driver door glass (mine is chipped at front top corner)
E) Red Driver headrest (mine has no zipper and is wobbly)
F) Rear seat belts (immediately) and seat (red would be ideal)
Want new parts:
G) Front end bushings and steering rubber "kit"
H) Red Front Carpet
I) Cluster gasket
Here's my list of things I need to do. If you have stuff I should buy from you, let me know.
1) Wipers - multiswitch clicks, but I get nothing. No hum, etc.
2) Emissions - I think car runs well when cold, not hot, maybe vacuum
3) Figure out why cluster lights are not on (assume rheostat)
4) Steering rubber repairs (whole darn thing)
5) Front right wheel bearing... maybe fix that squeak I started to notice
6) Rear diff leak
7) Trans pan leak
8) Seat belts for back of car (and maybe just the whole seat kit for $430)... need to be able to take the little kids for short slow rides.
10) RUST & paint repairs: (1) lower right trunk pan, (2) front left trunk corner (which is more than surface), (3) passenger headlight, (4) where hood touches body on passenger side, (5) small chipped paint in rear pass wheel well, (6) Noticed three very small bubbling spots on deck/trunk lid, (6) place where bumper end/corner is scratching body becasue it's loose... need to put some cardboard in there. :-P (7) a small paint chip on
11) Carpet, at least the front (red)
12) Glue and staple a bunch of interior stuff back where it belongs, like on the "tonneau?" or whatever you call that soft top cover.