Date registered: Feb 2005
Vehicle: 2000 ML55 AMG
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to ayns2002
(Thread Starter)
FS - 2000 ML55 AMG $8,500 - 125k

*****UPDATE***** 5/20/10 6pm EST - ****SOLD*****SOLD****SOLD****

Most of you on this forum are probably familiar with the attributes and stats of the ML55 AMG, so I'll spare you the sales pitch. The deal is this: I'm buying (or shall I say shopping for) an 2009 Cayenne Turbo and don't need two rocketship SUVs. As much as I love the ML and she's served me well over the past 8+ years, it's time for the smell of new leather and 500hp. So, that said, the ML55 is on the block. Being a realistic and fair guy that I am, I'm not going to do the whole song-and-dance about how my ML is worth $15k and therefore pay me. It's a used car with 125k miles and I don't have the patience or time to haggle. I'm asking a more than fair price and if nobody steps up, then I'll keep her. Read through my comprehensive descrioption below, but the summation is that it is extremely well cared for and the VERY documented service history should speak volumes. Forgive the formatting as I just cut-n-pasted from MS word and don't use the forum enough to know BBcode shorthand. Please read the entire description before asking questions. I'll be happy to answer questions to the best of my ability.

you can email me directly acat2002@comcast.net

2000 Mercedes ML55 AMG
VIN#4JGAB74E5YA209670
125,6** Miles
$8,500 (FIRM)
Brilliant Silver Metallic Exterior / Black/Charcoal Leather Interior

• All Wheel Drive w/electromechanical Low-Range 4x4
• Tires – OEM-Spec Bridgestone Dueler H/P 285/50/18 w/Avg. Tread Depth of 8MM (lots of life left)
• Brakes – Replaced at approximately 110k (guess) with Avg. pad thickness of roughly 4-5MM (about 50%) Rotors were done w/ pads at 110k and I believe they are within spec. No vibration or fade etc.
• Engine/Mechanical – the 5.5 liter is running perfect, no smoke and still pulls so strong that you will not be able to “mat” the throttle for any more than 10 seconds without having to back off on the highway. Believe me, this car will go way faster than an SUV should be able to. You’ll cruise comfortably at 3,000 RPM at roughly 85MPH (that’s not even working). Compared to say the newer Cayennes or the new ML63, this car does not handle well enough to feel comfortable going 155 on the highway (that was it’s electronically limited/governed speed limit, but I bet it would go faster). About all I’ve ever done is 125 and that is quite frankly FAST ENOUGH. The transmission shifts as smoothly and assertively as new.
• Interior – very clean black leather typical signs of wear on drivers lower seat bolster, but otherwise looks as new. No holes/stains/tears in carpet just wear mark where drivers right foot heal goes (next to base of gas pedal). Non-smoker, no dog odors and no smells of 6-month old McDonalds french fries of spilled milk (as in wife’s car!) No ridiculous cherry or vanilla air freshener smells, just smells like leather as it should.
• Exterior – very good condition for its age/mileage. No accidents paintwork or missing trim pieces. No aftermarket non-sense. Stone chips no larger than tip of pen or sharpie on nose as should be expected for a car with this mileage. Couple of small door dings (can’t notice in the pictures or even in person unless light hits them right).
• Options – the ML55 came with pretty much everything Mercedes offered with the ML. I’ll scan a picture/file of the original build sheet and C&D test article for the ML 55. A partial list of options are: Navigation (CD for Northeast Region), factory 6-Disk CD changer, MB Phone interface (w/chip to let it communicate with any old Motorola V60), heated seats, 1-touch power windows, rear/front fog lights, HID headlamps (recently replaced both low beams), sun-roof, roof rails, dark walnut wood accents in interior. Obviously has air conditioning (works perfect), PS, PB, power retractable side mirrors etc. etc.
• ***Service History*** – THIS IS KEY! - I have a complete and comprehensive service history since the car had 20,000 miles (when I bought it). 90% of the service has been done at Mercedes Benz of Westwood and I have almost all of the service invoices detailing services. Car was under factory Mercedes warranty until 9/07 and all the important things were replaced under warranty by Mercedes including: both catalytic converters, rear shocks, ball joints, nav-antenna, shift gate mechanism and many other things to list. Out of warranty repairs includes all the scheduled “A” and “B” service intervals as well as the big 100,000mile service where all fuel filters, injectors, 16 spark plugs, transmission fluid flush and all remaining filters are serviced. The 100,000 mile service was done early at 95k at a cost of nearly $1,200 at a non-MB franchise specializing in Mercedes. Essentially, the car is serviced regularly and gets whatever it needs which is why it still runs strong at 125,000 miles. All books and service records available.
• What’s Broken/non functioning - one of the front fog lights is out; rear window washer nozzle is broken (sprays, but not directed at window – broken at car wash) and a small piece of plastic is cracked on the lower part of the drivers seat (behind where the memory buttons are), aside from that I can’t remember anything else significant that’s broken or inoperable.
• Other – as you may know (if you know AMG), the entire exhaust is stainless so there’s no real need to replace any component except for the catalytic converters (and that was already done at 50k). The NAV is CD-based and not the newer DVD-based system, thus you will need you region’s CD for navigation if you live west of New York state or south of Pennsylvania I believe.
In conclusion, I’ve tried to accurately and objectively describe this car. I purchased it as 20k mile trade in at Mercedes Benz of Houston TX in early 2004 and have had a wonderful ownership experience. I’m a meticulous owner and have everything serviced as scheduled. I have driven the car less than 10,000 miles per year for the past few years as I have other cars to spread the usage around. Aside from the inevitable wear items such as pads/rotors etc, I see no reason why you should have any problems for some time. That said, I’m not a crystal ball and this car has 125k miles so there are no warranties!
Where else are you going to find this level of specification/performance for under $10,000? Used Camrys with 125k miles sell for $6-8k, so these cars are a great value considering what you get. A properly maintained and documented car/SUV like this is a rare opportunity for anyone who knows cars. I’m making room for a new Cayenne Turbo and don’t need two rocket-ship SUVs. I’d trade it in for the new SUV but I’m most likely buying from an out-of-state dealer and having my new car shipped and also don’t’ want to give this car to anyone (even the dealership) for $7,500! Which is what they’ve been offering. I’d rather keep it – it’s too nice and too well maintained to let go for that. I’m asking $8,500 and will absolutely not under any circumstances take any less – so don’t even ask. I see asking prices for these (when you can find them) for $10,000-$14,000. $10k buys you some riced-out bucket w/issues. As I said, I’m asking $8,500 firm, but if I’m offered more I’ll take it. Posting on the MB Benzword forum first with hopes of another knowing enthusiast buying it, but may try to sell it locally as well. Buyer could “flip it” and make money, but again I hope that it goes to an AMG enthusiast. I’ll take a non-refundable Pay-Pal deposit to hold it and the balance through authorized wire-transfer only (no bank checks, no PayPal w/3% fee, no personal checks from the Bank of Namibia, in fact I don’t even want cash). I’ve seen and heard all the scams, so unless you’re an honest straight-shooting buyer don’t contact me because you’re wasting everyone’s time. I’m about 30 minutes south of Boston, MA and will pick you up at the airport or Amtrack station if you’ve left a deposit and want to drive it home. Have the title in hand with no lienholder.

Any Best Offer Over $8,500
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0012.jpg
Views:	525
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	308394   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0008.jpg
Views:	1306
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	308395   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0019.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	308396   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0027.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	308397   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0020.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	308398  

Last edited by ayns2002; 05-20-2010 at 05:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
May I respectfully add the following:
Please don't email me with questions such as:
-How much does it cost to maintain? It's a car with 125k miles not a timeshare - there are no fixed maintenance costs. Alright I'll take a stab at it anyway....anywhere between $150 and $15,000 per year, how's that?

-How much will it cost to insure? I don't know, how many OUIs nad other offenses do you have under your belt.

-Will you take payment plan? (REALLY!!!!???)

Come on guys!
I posted this for $8,500 so that I WOULDN'T have to deal with nonsense like this.

No disrespect intended to the knowlegable enthusiasts and legitimate buyers of this forum.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
****SOLD - SOLD - SOLD*****

As it turns out $8,500 was way under the market, sorry to those who missed the oppurtunity. I was attracting the wrong crowd at $8,500. So I actually INCREASED the asking price to $9,500 and posted a classified on eBay for local pickup (within 200 miles). Car was sold in under 4 hours. Could have been luck, right place at right time or the power of eBay, but it's GONE and out the door at $9,500.

I guess with more patience and tolerance for the general public I probably could have gotten a nother few thousand, right? Oh well, time IS money, right?
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 12:00 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2010
Vehicle: W210 E55 , Excalibur Pheaton
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
damn that thing would of looked good next to my e55 .. congrats on the sale .was in the market for one . ehh im sure another good one will come along ..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in