LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-03-2010, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jun 2009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
1993 Mercedes 190e rear passenger power window motor

It works fine. Tested today. I can even make a video of it working if you have any doubt. Make me a fair offer and it is yours. I do not have a use for it. It will just be a paper weight for me.

1993 2.6 190e
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010, 01:22 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Jun 2010
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Power window motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by spree17 View Post
It works fine. Tested today. I can even make a video of it working if you have any doubt. Make me a fair offer and it is yours. I do not have a use for it. It will just be a paper weight for me.
I have an 86' Mercedes 190E with three bad power windows. The two rear window motors seem to be bad. I unplugged the switch in the door panal and applied 12V power directly to the motor, all it would do is make slight noise at the motor, but no movement. Yes I did change the 12v polarity to the motor to see if it would move both ways. nothing happens except for a slight noise in the instant power is applied.

So I guess I need to replace these power window motors. Anyone have good working ones to sell?

Also I need help in removing to motor. I have not found anything searching the web. Any help here would be appreciated.

Last edited by Eric2; 06-27-2010 at 01:25 PM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jun 2009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric2 View Post
I have an 86' Mercedes 190E with three bad power windows. The two rear window motors seem to be bad. I unplugged the switch and applied 12V power directly to the motor, all it would do is slight noise, but no movement.

So I guess I need to replace these power window motors. Anyone have good ones to sell?

Also I need help in removing to motor. I have not found anything searching the web. Any help here would be appreciated.
Hi Eric. I have a passenger side rear motor for sale on ebay. The auction ends today.

MERCEDES 190E POWER WINDOW MOTOR (REAR) NO RESERVE!!!!: eBay Motors (item 250654546535 end time Jun-27-10 20:40:57 PDT)

I cant speak about the front motors but it was easy for me to remove the rear power window motor.

1993 2.6 190e
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010, 04:11 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Jun 2010
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spree17 View Post
I cant speak about the front motors but it was easy for me to remove the rear power window motor.
I managed to get the motor and guide mechanism removed. The trick was to remove a plastic clip, about 1.5" long, that held the window lefter thing in place on the bottom of the window. I had to tape the window to the door frame to keep it from falling.

The hardest part was lifting the guide mechanism up to move it out of the notch, because there was no slack in the cable that keeps the window closed.

As for the motor, I can make it work if I loosen the screws that hold it to the cable spool housing. If I tighten them much, it seems to bind and prevent the motor to turn. Must be a bad shim or something inside. I have not been able to disable it fully as of yet.

Eric

Last edited by Eric2; 06-27-2010 at 06:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in