Date registered: Feb 2010
Vehicle: 1992 500SEL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Instrument Cluster - 1989 W126 6 Cyl - with LED upgrade
Fully operation instrument cluster from a 1989 W126 6 Cyl. Tach has "6 Zyl" stamped on rear indicating correct calibration for a 6 cyl. application, I believe. If it can be modded vor a V8, I'm not sure.
Instruments have been fully bench tested and as can be seen in the photos. Tested functionality includes :
* bright and functional temperature LCD
* correctly spinning odometer
* all mechanical gauges, such as speedometer, fuel, tachometer, etc
* Fully intact and complete glass housing
* Vehicle Model: 1989 W126
* Part#: 126 542 78 57
* Mileage: 275K Km
* blue LED mod, flourescent orange needle paint
This set showcases the available mods which can be done on the W126. This set has been completely disassembled and repaired.
* Every capacitor has been replaced, including clock, tach, speedo, oil pressure circuit and LCD module.
* All gauges and clock are precise and accurate as they were from the factory.
* The needles have been recoated with flourescent orange needle paint to give a bright orange during the day and vivid neon orange at night. The blue LED mod is unbelievable, its as if you are living in a glo-in-the-dark mini-put park!
* The LEDs are fully adjustable to meet your needs; from dim enough to just display the instruments, to bright enough to blind.
* The temperature display module has been disassembled and modified to fit two mini-blue LEDs. No longer do you have to squint to make out the outside temperature, it is clearly and brightly displayed in front of you.
* The brightness from all the mods is ten times what it was before, and one tenth of the power draw, incredible!
MBCluster is an online electrical repair business which uniquely services Mercedes Benz vehicles. Available services are instrument repair, LED upgrades, and various others.