Florida: Anyone here who would buy my 2001 MB CL600 for $13.5K ASAP? 88K Miles. - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 01:00 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Feb 2010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
No worries.

Please understand that a Post sale inspection allows dealers to return the vehicle/back out of a deal, and or get the seller to cover any repairs/ discount the price accordingly if anything wrong is found. They do it differently... The procedure is different than a private sale. You have full recourse if any issues are found after purchased. - Don't worry, I was surprised as well when my dealer friend recommended we do this. In the end I still saved thousands of dollars on a car I thought I wanted. I have a problem of impluse buying with cars you may say.

There is no more need to post negative comments from other forum members here. Nor does it look like there are any serious interested parties either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 06:58 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: too many
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Rendered - why are you being so defensive? If this whole deal is for real, what do you care about "negative comments", let em go! If you know what and who you are, and believe in your car and the deal, move on. Sounds like you are wasting a lot of time responding to negative stuff yourself. The truth is, you bought a car at the auction for about $8-9K, you now want to sell it for whatever reason (doesn't really matter), you think its a good car, etc. Post it in all the various forums, websites, ebay, sell it and move on!

Good luck with your sale!

Markus

--------------------
current collection:

1986 300SEL euro (being restored)
1990 300SEL (parts car donating interior to 86 euro)
1995 Ford Taurus (blue - running again with used replacement tranny)
1995 Ford Taurus (white - rusty low mileage bomber, 16 yr old son's car soon)
1995 Ford Taurus (green - parts car)
1995 Ford F150
1986 Bluebird PT40 (motorhome)
2011 Hyundai Sonata Turbo (wife's)
2003 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic (for sale)
2007 Honda VTX 1800
post #23 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 08:17 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rendered View Post
No worries.

Please understand that a Post sale inspection allows dealers to return the vehicle/back out of a deal, and or get the seller to cover any repairs/ discount the price accordingly if anything wrong is found. They do it differently... The procedure is different than a private sale. You have full recourse if any issues are found after purchased. - Don't worry, I was surprised as well when my dealer friend recommended we do this. In the end I still saved thousands of dollars on a car I thought I wanted. I have a problem of impluse buying with cars you may say.

There is no more need to post negative comments from other forum members here. Nor does it look like there are any serious interested parties either.
Every forum has a different personality. This one is pretty good. On some forums you'd have been run out of town for no good reason! I am a dealer but still find a very nice reception here; on some forums I am not welcome.

Your original post was lacking in some key info, you showed auction pics, talked about a dealer friend helping you with title, etc. So people, being a little unsure and naturally suspicious, started to slueth it out, make assumptions, and ask for proof of stuff. On this particular forum, people are pretty friendly, but there's been lots of scams to guards are up.

Don't go by people's comments as an indicator of interest....more than once I've had lots of critical comments/questions, answered them, and then had that person recommend a friend to me after being satisfied and they bought the car. The forum-knowledgeable friend was just acting as a screener for their more naive friend.

Anyhow, good luck with sale, hang in there, and can you let me know if the car is titled in your name currently so it is a private transaction, or is your dealer friend holding title in their name open so the sale goes through a dealer?

Thanks.
post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 06:35 PM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Apr 2009
Vehicle: Current: 1987 560 SEC US, former factory trained MB tech 10 years, owner of 14 others.
Most people that I have met that are real estate professionals have a much better command the the english language. Just sayin'. Spelling and syntax are a typically a reasonable indicator of the degree of professional business success. I have detected a waft of spoiled fish from Denmark
post #25 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 04:02 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by renaissance_warrior View Post
Most people that I have met that are real estate professionals have a much better command the the english language. Just sayin'. Spelling and syntax are a typically a reasonable indicator of the degree of professional business success. I have detected a waft of spoiled fish from Denmark
Good for you. Would you like a cookie now?
post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 05:37 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2008
Vehicle: 2000 ML320
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boardboy330 Send a message via Yahoo to boardboy330
Still no VIN. BUYERS BE WARE...Been doing body and paint work for over 10 years...even from the pictures I can clearly see the car was repainted on the front bumper. Some may not care...others may. Canada also has no extradition laws...meaning he/she can take your money and never get caught. Just an FYI.

"I'd rather peel off my skin and bathe my weeping raw flesh in a bath of vinegar than spend any time with you. But that's just my opinion. Don't take it personally."

(\__/)
(o.O )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination

2000 ML320
post #27 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardboy330 View Post
Still no VIN. BUYERS BE WARE...Been doing body and paint work for over 10 years...even from the pictures I can clearly see the car was repainted on the front bumper. Some may not care...others may. Canada also has no extradition laws...meaning he/she can take your money and never get caught. Just an FYI.
The sale will be done through a North American registered (canadian) dealership. and Buyer has complete security with a bill of sale, and the title will be transfered immediatly upon payment. If we don't deliver the car as promised then buyer has full recourse against my dealer friend who will issue a full refund. I assure you I am no scammer. I know how it is these days, everyone is afraid to purchase sight unseen due to all the scams going on.

You may come visit me in person, meet the dealership you're purchasing from etc, whatever we need to do to earn your trust.

I specifically didn't opt for a direct private sale, because then the buyer has no security whatsoever.

And like I said before, If you're serious about buying and would like the VIN number, lets talk first through email, and I will send you the VIN. whats so hard to understand?!

Why should I post my VIN number online for the world to see, and the trolls to pick at. No thank you.
post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 11:15 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rendered View Post
Why should I post my VIN number online for the world to see, and the trolls to pick at. No thank you.
Why are you worried about posting the VIN? Most ads on Autotrader or ebay have them. Makes it "seem" like you are trying to hide something. That being said, please PM me the VIN number.

Markus

--------------------
current collection:

1986 300SEL euro (being restored)
1990 300SEL (parts car donating interior to 86 euro)
1995 Ford Taurus (blue - running again with used replacement tranny)
1995 Ford Taurus (white - rusty low mileage bomber, 16 yr old son's car soon)
1995 Ford Taurus (green - parts car)
1995 Ford F150
1986 Bluebird PT40 (motorhome)
2011 Hyundai Sonata Turbo (wife's)
2003 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic (for sale)
2007 Honda VTX 1800
post #29 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 11:16 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2004
Now you're just asking for more trouble.

I think some people can be a little over the top about suspicion. But you tried to make it look like a private sale, and are slowly, little by little, admitting the car is a dealer sale and you're not a dealer. So you are inviting the suspicion you're now getting.

If this was me, I would delete my original post, and then repost a completely truthful ad...your buddy is a dealer and bought the car, it went through PSI and passed, you're helping him sell it, and someone can go look it over and the purchase will take place through a dealer. Post the VIN# so people can run a carfax and do all the stuff they'd normally do....what are you scared of? Is the title blemised or is there an accident on the carfax? Because those are the only two reasons a dealer would try to avoid posting the VIN#.

This is NOT the way to sell a car, I can tell you that. Start over please.
post #30 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucemendel View Post
Now you're just asking for more trouble.

I think some people can be a little over the top about suspicion. But you tried to make it look like a private sale, and are slowly, little by little, admitting the car is a dealer sale and you're not a dealer. So you are inviting the suspicion you're now getting.

If this was me, I would delete my original post, and then repost a completely truthful ad...your buddy is a dealer and bought the car, it went through PSI and passed, you're helping him sell it, and someone can go look it over and the purchase will take place through a dealer. Post the VIN# so people can run a carfax and do all the stuff they'd normally do....what are you scared of? Is the title blemised or is there an accident on the carfax? Because those are the only two reasons a dealer would try to avoid posting the VIN#.

This is NOT the way to sell a car, I can tell you that. Start over please.
The car was purchased originally for me, and now I changed my mind, and decided not to transfer the title to my name as it would make buyers feel more secure buying from a dealer. I'm no dealer or salesperson. Just helping my friend unload a car that I decided I did not want after asking him to purchase it for me.

Stop making assumptions and making this more complicated... Are you trying to tarnish my image because of all the times you got flamed for trying to sell your dealer cars online? Take it easy and thanks for your advice

I'm being truthful and thats all the buyer needs to know.

Last edited by Rendered; 03-11-2010 at 12:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in