Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Post FOR SALE: 1981 Mercedes-Benz 300D

1981 Mercedes-Benz 300D sedan FOR SALE in Auburn, AL. $5,000
(684) Pastel Beige
(134) Palomino MB-Tex
170,090 miles

Here is a classic Mercedes-Benz for sale by owner in Auburn, AL. I am the third owner of the car and hate to sell it, but I need something else. The car has never been wrecked and has always been taken care of; I have a folder full of receipts/ records to show it. I also have the original manuals/ window sticker for the car... This car had an M.S.R.P of $26,435. Options include:

-Becker Europa Stereo Cassette Player
-Electrically operated sliding roof

Vehicle history:
Originally bought by a doctor in 1981 from Dick Dyer & Associates, Inc. in Columbia, SC
Traded in for a new car in 1991 at Dick Dyer
Second owners purchased the car from Dick Dyer in 1991, and then moved to Auburn, AL
They kept the vehicle until 2009, when they listed the vehicle FOR SALE locally
I then purchased the vehicle from them, and now I'm selling it...

The original odometer was replaced at 75,000 miles, so it currently only shows 95,090 miles. The car has the 155,000 mile High Mileage Award from Mercedes-Benz.

There are no major issues with the car. The only issue is there is a vacuum leak; since the central locking system, automatic climate control, and brake booster are vacuum driven... BUT... The automatic climate control system is still fully functional. The only things that aren't are the central locking system and the brake booster, so a little more effort is required to stop the car; but nothing severe, you just have to manually lock/unlock the doors/ trunk, and it diesels for several seconds after you shut the car off.
That is the only "problem" the car has, everything else works.
Since I bought the car, I have done the following work:
-New battery
-New glow plugs
-New/ remanufactured Bosch 65 amp alternator
-Had the car completely gone through/ inspected/ serviced

This classic Mercedes-Benz is a great car and I hate to sell it... If you're interested, send me a message or give me a call at (334) 319-2450. $5,000
Click here for pictures:

Last edited by jcdavies; 02-28-2010 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Pictures
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: