Whats my 02 S500 worth? - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 07:01 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Feb 2007
Vehicle: 2002 E320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm confused. How can it be a 1 owner car, when it sounds like the previous owner put an AMG badge on it? One owner means it was purchased at a Mercedes-Benz dealership new and they wouldn't add an AMG badge to a S500. Sounds strange.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 08:57 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2004
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_breeze View Post
I'm confused. How can it be a 1 owner car, when it sounds like the previous owner put an AMG badge on it? One owner means it was purchased at a Mercedes-Benz dealership new and they wouldn't add an AMG badge to a S500. Sounds strange.
Not sure I follow. Dealers don't count as owners, as they do not take title. So if it had one owner since new, then was sold at auction and bought byt thie guy that's a dealer, it's still a one-owner car.

As far as AMG badge, you can walk into parts dept. and buy it for cheap and stick it on the trunk. So having that badge has no bearing on how many owners the car has had, who did it, why, etc.

Not sure how your dealers work, but with mine, if I am spending $90K on a car and ask for a $75 AMG badge on the trunk, I can promise you they will slap it on my car before you can say "S-class" three times quickly.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Feb 2010
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for all the different input.

Through this thread and another about the AMG I have tried to learn some of what AMG was or could be and I have, thanks. However why the badging exists on my car is still a mystery.

I am a dealer, and bought the car from the dealership where the orginal owner traded it in. In the business one owner typically means one title. On the front of the title there is always a spot for previous title. If it says MSO ( Manufactures Statement of Orgin) then you are looking at whats considered a 1 owner car. I have seen 1 owner cars that have traded through teams of car dealers and still remains a 1 owner car.

For anyone that may be puzzled still I will make some calls to MB dealer tomorrow and try to gain more insight into what, how or why AMG is on my trunk. I know I do not have an E55. I think many have assumed me to be a buffoon when i was actually just trying to spark a conversation about my car. If you had one what you might have paid or if you wanted one what they were asking for them in your area, etc.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 10:30 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2006
Vehicle: 96 C36, 87 Turbo'd 190E 2.3-16, 86 SC'd 190E 2.3-16, Brabus'd C32
an E55 is an E class. Your car has nothing to do with AMG. The PO just put the badge on the trunk. The car MAY have AMG rims, but that would be it. People that are not into Mercedes are easily impressed with a simple badge, thus why a lot of idiots out there put them on the trunk. Just for future reference, AMG has never badged a car with 3 numbers

87 190E 2.3-16 Cosworth- Track car-Getrag, short shift, delrin, 95a poly, Euro'd, 2 tone Recaros, custom suspension, EFI w/ Megasquirt, cast iron headers, Garrett turbo...
86 190E 2.3-16 Cossie-Old beater Getrag, slammed on BBS' Mosselman ECU, Eaton M62 SC
03 C32 ///AMG - Daily- designo edition, command, fulll Brabus CF interior, CF lips mirrors spoilers ect, and enough engine mods to destroy 911's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in