LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 10:56 PM
BenzWorld Veteran
Date registered: Aug 2009
Vehicle: 1998 C43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to eundaddy
Give him $130 and say the hell with it for the lug nuts.
Sponsored Links
post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 12:12 AM
Date registered: Nov 2004
Vehicle: E55 ///AMG
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Originally Posted by Teutone View Post
+ 1. A agreement / promise was reneged on.
O.K. no time yet to have sent the lug nuts, but to PayPal a hundred bucks takes less than a minute.

post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 01:03 AM
BenzWorld Veteran
Date registered: Apr 2008
Vehicle: Way too many
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Originally Posted by Gorman View Post
I still have every intention of sending him $100 and the correct lugs!!! But it will be at my convenience at this point, ...LOL!!!

At my convenience !!!!

That tells me more about you than anything else. You took his money and promised to do something. You did some of it but not all.

Refund the balance via Paypal and be done with it. The time you have spent writing replies could have been spent making the buyer happy and not alienating a bunch of people on this board.

I don't know if you are right or wrong but I sure wouldn't risk doing business with you.. LOL

If only that if something went wrong you would make it right "AT MY CONVENIENCE."
I have to wonder if it may not be convenient for you until March, or maybe May or October? Who knows, but why would anyone risk doing business with you knowing that if something went wrong you may, or may not, get around to making it right this year, or next....?
As far as suing... if you can't afford to send him the $130 to settle this matter in a friendly way then you sure can't afford a lawyer to handle this LOL.
And NO lawyer in his right mind will handle this on a contingency fee basis.
Not to mention you have no case whatsoever. But don't believe me.. shop it around and see if you can even get someone to listen to your story let alone get an appointment without being charged an hours worth before you're told you have no case.
Besides, the judge will want to know one thing. Did you perform, meaning did you do what you agreed to do in a timely matter? And we all know the answer to that, "at my convenience." LOL.

Just out of curiosity, was it convenient for you to take his money?

post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 09:38 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Apr 2008
Vehicle: '87 560SEC: '86 AMG 560SEC: '87 560SEL - PAST: Heckflosse 190 & 230S
Exclamation sold sight unseen

Another odd angle to this transaction. Seller states:
once the customer bought (sic) them to me and I seen they were 18"
The 'customer' in this case being some other 3rd-party. So these were posted up for sale & money accepted, before seller actually had the 'product', or even examined them first-hand? That in itself makes for risky dealing - as seller appears to just be a middle-man.
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 12:04 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Date registered: Sep 2008
Vehicle: 04 E500; 00 SL500 Sport/Pano; 94 E420; 92 500E; 92 300CE; 81 380SL
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
No F'n Way -

Originally Posted by Gorman View Post

I also urged him to send them back for a full refund, and I will gladly refund every penny
would I send you back the wheels!!!

Now the buyer has to repackage, take time off to go to shipper, pay for shipping, and then cross fingers that you will finally remember how to do a transaction on PayPal.

If you can't be trusted to send a lousy $100 in a months time, how can you be trusted to send back "Full Refund", and would you spring for the shipping charges back to you?

If I were the buyer, the only way I would send them back is for YOU to make a PayPal tranaction BEFORE the wheels were shipped, and I would ask for the shipping costs back to you also...

You could have avoided this whole mess by

1 - actually having the wheels in hand before you advertised them or
2 - followed through with the $100 right away, a day or two at the most

Those are really nice looking wheels, and It appears the buyer got a good product. But if you offer an option and the buyer takes it, your obligated to follow thru

Another 2 cents from someone who has also been scammed...
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 12:55 PM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Sep 2006
Vehicle: '99 Range Rover ~ '01 Land Rover ~ '88 BMW 325iC convertible ~ '84 Chev G20 Van 6.2 diesel 4 spd
This is no scam. The buyer got the items, apparently exactly as described [agreed to accept the 18's] and knows he got a great deal. The issue is a $100 refund and I can understand the seller wanting to make sure the buyer gets the correct lug nut measurements before finalizing the credit and shipping the lugs. The buyers actions and impatience show who the weak link is here. This isn't WalMart. I see a seller going out of his way to assure a buyer gets what he bought. He made him fully aware of the mistaken wheel size and is trying to get him the correct lugs to avoid other issues. 30 days for a credit is nothing and half of that was due to the Holidays and awaiting communications from the buyer I'm sure. More patience and better communications would have been influential here, something the younger generation has no concept of. Don't forget the phone calls, no one knows what was said in those calls.

I can read between the lines on this one.

SOLD 1994 E420

SOLD 1987 Mercedes W201 190D 2.5 TURBO

SOLD 1984 500 SEC

SOLD 1988 560SEL

SOLD 1982 240D 4speed

SOLD 1985 280CE convertible [yeah, convertible]

SOLD 1985 300TE

SOLD 1980 280SLC Euro spec

SOLD 1986 300SDL

SOLD 1985 300D

JUNKED 1986 420SEL
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 07:04 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Apr 2006
Gorman should show some personal integrity and character and give the buyer exactly what he said he would, without any further delay, (or whining). If he doesn't he is a worthless liar and should never be trusted again.

Rehab is For Quitters

post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 08:29 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Sep 2007
Bait & switch is the way I see it.
A lot of that going on eBay now...I was a victim.
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: