Florida - 1981 300D For Sale - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 12-11-2009, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Mar 2008
Vehicle: 1987 300TD - 1981 300D - 1990 190E 2.6 (Non Running for Sale) - 1993 190E 2.3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jonbobshinigin
(Thread Starter)
Florida - 1981 300D For Sale

Here is my ad off of Craigslist:

1981 300D Project Car - Runs Great, needs to be completed

1981 300D Non-Turbo (NA Naturally Aspirated) W123 123 Sedan Euro Model - Tan Exterior and Interior

I bought this car a while back as restoration project. I has a great, nearly rust free body, with one dent on the passengers door. It looked awful when I got it but the paint cleaned up great where I have waxed it. Since it is a European model, it had the cloth interior which was shot. Also, it does not have a sunroof, which is very uncommon. The dash, instrument clusters and all of that seem look good however. I have ALL of the service records all the way back. Engine did not run when I purchased it but it turned out to be the glow plug relay. I replaced that in addition to all 5 glow plugs. It cranks up the very quickly, even after sitting without battery for 2 months! I have a list of things that I have done to it since I purchased it. I have a replacement interior set that I am going to put into it soon and would prefer to not sell until then. The body has a bit of rust under batter tray/passenger's side wheel well. The front 2 doors have some on the bottom as well.

The instrument cluster was replaced at some point but according to the records, it has 250,000 miles or less. I will probably get the valves adjusted before I sell, as that is something that needs to be done every 15-20k miles.

Things I have done so far (will add to list later):

- Oil Filter and Oil Change
- Replaced Vacuum Fittings in engine bay
- Replaced Booster Brake line
- Replaced Engine Mounts (not Shock Mounts though)
- Glow Plugs and Relay
- New Tires all around (middle end quality)
- Air Filter
- Misc. Heater/Radiator Hoses
- Rear Shocks replaced with new Bilsteins
- Belts have been replaced, A/C Belt I left off, and the pulley on the Alternator has issue as well so that one is not on either.

I have done several other things and have them listed in a spreadsheet, in addition to all of the previous records from way back. I won't give you any nonsense about the car, I am selling it for exactly what it is. I have not driven it except down the road and back so I do not have much information about that. Ideally, I would finish the restoration and sell it for much more, but I have other projects right not that need my money and attention.

I need cash for sure but I am interested in partial trades for firearms, pistols, rifles, ammo...just let me know the model name. Hopefully I will add more to this post later...and Pictures!!

1981 300D Project Car - Runs Great, needs to be completed

I would love to sell it to someone at Benzworld who can give her the time she needs...so please contact me if you are interested. Thanks!

1987 300TD - 170k
1981 300D Project Car - 250K
1993 190E 2.3 - 104K - On the road! (Head Gasket diverted, for now)
1990 190E 2.6 - 225k - Project Car, no start
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: