post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-19-2009, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: 2004 C230 Kompressor Sport Coupe
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
FS: Complete W203 or W209 COMAND upgrade

This is a pre-facelift COMAND navigation unit out of a 2003 W203 CLK320. I was using it in my W203 C230, but now that the car is up for sale I've taken the upgrade back out - it doesn't add a thing to the book value, nice as it is. This comes with an MB retrofit harness that I've spliced to a modified Metra harness (nicely heatshrinked), GPS antenna, 1/08 nav CDs. I've got nearly $1,000 into this setup. I checked it for faults before pulling it out and there were no read faults, so it has a good CD drive. The latest COMAND software version is installed, so it comes up with the MB logo. The screen is bright with no scratches or dead pixels. The fan is quiet. The volume knob has started to come apart a little; I glued it six months ago and that stopped it from coming apart further, but the texture is a little rough as you can see. It works perfectly. This will also let you add an AUX-in connector for cars that don't have it, the MB harness is plug and play. You can go from zero to COMAND in less than 15 minutes with one screwdriver. If you're a reasonable drive from Olympia, WA I will be happy to come do the install.

Price: $850.

Here's some pictures of the unit:

Any questions, PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: 2004 C230 Kompressor Sport Coupe
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Update: price now $800 before it heads to eBay. You'll spend this much for a good unit without the CDs or harness!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in