post #152 of 214 (permalink) Old 12-11-2009, 08:32 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Dec 2007
Vehicle: 1985 500SL - 2002 SL500 Silver Arrow Edition
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBits View Post
It's the entertainment value of a schoolyard fight, with kids in a circle yelling 'hit him again'. You all know ain't a fair one, so why not move along ? There's nothing to see here... nothing edifying anyway. Unless yer the type that gets off on watching others make fools of themselves. In that case, happy frikkin holidays :P
To summarize.

"Arguing on Internet Forums is like competing in the Special Olympics. You may win, but you're still retarded."

85 500SL: 1984 300SD: 190k 1997 S500: 226k
post #153 of 214 (permalink) Old 12-11-2009, 10:47 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Sep 2008
Vehicle: 04 E500; 00 SL500 Sport/Pano; 94 E420; 92 500E; 92 300CE; 81 380SL
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
The basic lessons

for learning to work well with others were(are) taught in military Boot Camps, (among other places of course).

Don't know how many of you have been in the military, but those who have know exactly what I'm referring too. Boot camp is a wake up call for all the tough guys who want to do everything their way...

Billigerent, non cooperative, cocky attitudes were dealt with harshly and quickly by your own peer group. It made no difference how big or strong they were, and it's usually didn't take more than 1 or 2 blanket parties to get the attitudes where they should be.

Then ya had the Drill Sgt. officially in your face big time, just begging for a wise ass to mouth off...

Needless to say, we were all glad to put that experiance behind us, but those 12 weeks matured everyone for the better.

As I read Billy's replies, kept thinking how much he would really benifit from those experiances if he could make it through, some don't..we had 2 guys in our company that went AWOL because they refused to change, and they knew they were about to catch another midnight punishment.

But for those who did make it, some of the biggest assholes ended up being great guys.....

So there is always hope, and hopefully Billy can take away a little humility from this experiance.

He's really still in training with time to change, when the college thing is over he actually needs to work with others in a cooperative manner, using normal vocabulary and understanding what social skills are.

It's a very rough environment out there job wise, competition is very tough for making decent money. Those that do make it will not talk or act like Billy, and the quicker he learns that lesson the better off he is.

So don't feel too sorry for him, if he's at all even a little lucky he might even begin to think that his problems are brought on by his own behavior.

What happened in this thread is just a very small sample of what life has in store for Billy with the attitudes that he has.

I know a lot of guys and gals from broken families that made better lives for themselves out of sheer will power and very hard work.

The most ironic point is that if Billy were to understand the real power of an honest apology, just about everyone here would accept it and lend him a hand....

So Billy, if your still reading this thread, here's hoping that you've wisen up just a little bit. Start thinking about how you interact with people in a positive manner.

At 20 years of age, you need to do a lot more asking & listening than telling. You will truely begin to gain wisdom, when you start to realize how much you really don't know.

Just some random thoughts from someone who has made a lot of mistakes along the way... But I learned from them, and Billy needs to do the same...
post #154 of 214 (permalink) Old 12-12-2009, 10:16 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2008
Vehicle: '87 560SEC: '86 AMG 560SEC: '87 560SEL - PAST: Heckflosse 190 & 230S
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerH860 View Post
To summarize...
Very succinctly put Tyler. Politically incorrect, but very much on-point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohollenbeck View Post
As I read Billy's replies, kept thinking how much he would really benifit from those experiances if he could make it through, some don't..

But for those who did make it, some of the biggest assholes ended up being great guys...
Having witnessed similar transformations (via the BOOT), I was thinking the exact same thing ohollenbeck. With a son in So. Afghanistan right now, I know his outlook on life & the world at large, will be forever changed. Having a daughter of his own, and seeing how children live over there, we've talked about the accidental good fortune enjoyed by those of us not born into societies where subsistence-living is the norm.

No matter how 'tough' anyone thinks they've had/have it here in the US - it's nothing by comparison. Yet sometimes it really helps to "walk in another man's moccasins" to appreciate reality... & I don't mean the BS TV-show kind.

You guy's responses showcase the better nature of this board
post #155 of 214 (permalink) Old 12-13-2009, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Nov 2009
Vehicle: 280 SE 4.5
(Thread Starter)
It's funny because I am not mad at anyone on this forum. Only b/c of two reasons... reason #1 being this is a "free" country, so everyone is entitled to give their two cents whether it means anything or not. Reason #2, what you think of me..is none of my business
post #156 of 214 (permalink) Old 12-13-2009, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Honestly man, I heard boot camp isnt jack compard to officer candidate school. lol and after wrestling in college for 3 years i would like to think i know a little bit about being in shape, but you guys dont care haha i appreciate everyones replies, whether they were nice or not. I think ohhellnbeck may be right, this forum was a learning experience for everyone. Bye
post #157 of 214 (permalink) Old 12-13-2009, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
As for me, I was going to leave the forum, but I also admit I Was a dickhead too. Mainly because assumptions were made, and nobody believed me (I understand why now). Anyway, now I am in no rush to post better pics, but am now on Christmas break and will be doing some work to the Benz. Everyone with families take advantage of having a warm, loving christmas. As for me, I will enjoy my eggnog and vodka solo style. Peace
post #158 of 214 (permalink) Old 12-13-2009, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Ya know.. I Was happy until I saw the last thread postd by tyler. YA know BOY. Your fucking lucky. You pray to God. You didnt grow up covering your little brother and sisters eyes and ears from hearing your mother whore around for meth at the age of 13, 13, and 15. what hav you got to say to that? And that the reason behind buyying the mercedes benz none of you know about...for ONE none of you know how much I purchased it for, and for TWO you dont even know how good it truly is. Just wait for pics, but please stop stressing me out with your douche bag texts, your just making it harder for me to remember those bullshit memories i hav. Ask any of my friends, I am the nicest guy you know, but man, ppl like you haha, dont hav a chance. Anyway, everyone has a story, I am not saying I hav it rougher, or harder, but I am saying I hav seen some shit, and worked HARD. As for the Benz and the college pel money, when I DO sell it, I will earn MORE money, which in the long run will help me support myself even better. So thank you for making me upset again you stupid fuck.
post #159 of 214 (permalink) Old 12-13-2009, 11:08 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Dec 2007
Vehicle: 1985 500SL - 2002 SL500 Silver Arrow Edition
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I can't believe someone is texting you. That is taking things way too far.

If you paid $500-$1000 for it, then it probably was a good buy for parts. The thing is, you'll be very lucky to get the car running and driving for 3-5x what you paid for it. Also, thinking you can buy a car for $500, do nothing, and sell it for $7000 (your initial asking price) is wayyy too greedy. Its not something a person with a strong moral constitution could do and sleep at night.

I sincerely hope you're able to get the car running and prove us all wrong. It probably won't help your ego problem though. The tribute poster I made is not a caricature; its exactly how you've conducted yourself on this forum. Maybe that's why it affected you so much.

It is obvious that you had to have an overly high opinion of yourself since no one else does, and I agree, that is very sad.

My question is, though, do you really want our sympathy? You're Mr. Billy Benz, not Mr. Pity Party. You grew up rough, but that does not give you an excuse to act like a grade A tool bag. Every time someone brings up an obvious flaw in your character, you make excuses blaming your past. Be a man and own up...I'm far from perfect too.

Do keep us updated over the break. I'm sure I'm not the only one secretly hoping you get the car running so you can proclaim your awesomeness to us.

85 500SL: 1984 300SD: 190k 1997 S500: 226k

Last edited by TylerH860; 12-13-2009 at 11:13 PM.
post #160 of 214 (permalink) Old 12-13-2009, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
hahah ok man, your so right, you know me so well by a few lines on a website.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in