BenzWorld Senior Member
Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 1997 SL500 40th Aniversary 1998 C230 2002 E430 sport 1987 420SEL sold 1989 300E sold
Location: Thousand Oaks, California
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
If it snaped off, most likely you only need the mast. Pick up a new mast.
1) unscrew base of old mast 12 or 13 MM
2) turn on radio, make sure hieght adj. switch is all the way up.
3) insert new antenna mast nylon part down as far as it will go, teeth on mast should face the front of the car, but in some cases, may have to be reversed
4) while guiding the mast, have someone turn off the radio
5) If mast gets pulled in, let it go down all the way and tighten base.
6) If it doesen`t go all the way, or not at all, then you will have to remove antenna, open it up, remove guide wheel, remove old part of mast and reassemble and repeat above steps.
hope this helps.