Lorinser LO vintage rims 16x8" and 16x9" for sale - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 02:21 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2004
Vehicle: 500SL AMG, 500TE AMG, 500SEC AMG Widebody
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjursen View Post
Thanks. Good for you.

And since you got lucky I should price mine far below what other sets go for? Just now there are one other set for sale here in europe for approx 1700USD. I think I'll stop this sale thread right here. Consider them sold. Thanks for the interest.
Feeling a bit sensitive are we?

The forum members here hardly dig on other members for spite and if one were to offer examples it's only in an effort to help you better position your sale on the market. So relax, stay awhile and continue to contribute more than your 19 For Sale postings.

Nice wheels by the way! They're a Swedish member with a W107 with these very wheels and they look absolutely stunning.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jul 2006
Vehicle: 1979 350 SLC (euro)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
That may be it. I'm sorry, but I don't have the energy to go into a discussion in my own sales-thread why I think the price is right . Maybe I'm a bad seller, but so be it. If the potensial buyer thinks it's worth it he will contact me. If others think the price is too high then thats fine by me. But it's not cool to disturb the sales post with "I bought the same for cheaper". I think it's against the forums rules also. And I do not agree on comparing the RS90 to the LO's. The design and look are totally different. Ant the LO's are much rarer.

Another thing that I think may have an impact is the USD value nowadays. The price is actually in the lower/mid range over here. So the rims will probably be a bit too expensive for the US market anyway. I'll give them a wash and a polish, maybe I'll grind down the lip and give it a clearcoat. Then take some decent pictures and auction them off at the german eBay.

I definately will be posting more on the forum. It's a great resource and a lot of interesting discussions going on. And all from super-experienced owners/users with extreme detail knowledge to the novice. So the forum is great.

Yes, I have some more pictures of that swede's car. It's very nice and the rims looks gourgeous on the 107.

Anyway, thanks for the interest to you all!
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 02:24 AM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: 1992 300CE
NORWAY!?
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 03:34 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jul 2006
Vehicle: 1979 350 SLC (euro)
(Thread Starter)
Yes. It's a country. In Europe.

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 02:06 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Apr 2009
Vehicle: Benz 350 SLC 1971
lorinser LO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjursen View Post
That may be it. I'm sorry, but I don't have the energy to go into a discussion in my own sales-thread why I think the price is right . Maybe I'm a bad seller, but so be it. If the potensial buyer thinks it's worth it he will contact me. If others think the price is too high then thats fine by me. But it's not cool to disturb the sales post with "I bought the same for cheaper". I think it's against the forums rules also. And I do not agree on comparing the RS90 to the LO's. The design and look are totally different. Ant the LO's are much rarer.

Another thing that I think may have an impact is the USD value nowadays. The price is actually in the lower/mid range over here. So the rims will probably be a bit too expensive for the US market anyway. I'll give them a wash and a polish, maybe I'll grind down the lip and give it a clearcoat. Then take some decent pictures and auction them off at the german eBay.

I definately will be posting more on the forum. It's a great resource and a lot of interesting discussions going on. And all from super-experienced owners/users with extreme detail knowledge to the novice. So the forum is great.

Yes, I have some more pictures of that swede's car. It's very nice and the rims looks gourgeous on the 107.

Anyway, thanks for the interest to you all!
Hi,
Does anybody know where I can find a set of this wheels/Vintage LO.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-20-2011, 07:32 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jul 2008
what exactly are these rims called. ive been looking for a set for a while for a w126 car? can any one let me know there part number and name? thanks.
patrick
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-20-2011, 07:53 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: 1983 240d AT; 1993 e320 AT
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserkergang View Post
what exactly are these rims called. ive been looking for a set for a while for a w126 car? can any one let me know there part number and name? thanks.
patrick
Not sure of the part # but they are called as posted; Lorinser LOs

post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 12:06 PM
w108,107 Parts Hoarder

Date registered: Jun 2010
Vehicle: 4Keep:450slc5.0cab 280sl5sp 280se4.5 500seAMG 2sell:500sl92 380se83 300se86 350sl4sp 75slc MorInSig
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 1619 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
What should I do with these?

I just picked up a set of Loringser LO 16x8 wheels today. I believe they are et22 based on the part number ( LO 8016511 ) and the story I was told of them being on a 560sl and also showing interior rubbing on the inside tire surfaces.

The chrome is destroyed. Sure, there's still some shine in them, but I'm thinking about trying to removed the chrome. I got the wheels along with a set of factory style 560sl chrome wheels (in perfect shape). So I just picked them up for "fun" since the seller didn't want much (or anything really) for them.

They've got some trashed tires on them, which were clearly sitting on the car for a while with squashed sections on a few tires. Nonetheless, I'm considering just throwing them on the car and driving it until they go start going flat. A buddy of mine suggested I fill the tires with some orange gunk so they don't just blow up on me. I'm considering it.

My idea when I threw them in the back of my truck was to prime them and paint them black. I'm still considering it.

Any ideas of:
- How to remove the chrome?
- What i should do with them? (Other than sending them to the scrap yard?)

Thanks,
Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG01138.jpg
Views:	1173
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	370640   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG01139.jpg
Views:	1792
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	370641  

My signature:
Click for list of my 32 MB since 2010. If, you want 70's-80's Mercedes tuner wheels, let me know.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 05:58 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: 1983 240d AT; 1993 e320 AT
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mknmike View Post
My idea when I threw them in the back of my truck was to prime them and paint them black. I'm still considering it.

Any ideas of:
- How to remove the chrome?
- What i should do with them? (Other than sending them to the scrap yard?)

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike. You got email/PM.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in