post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Jun 2009
Vehicle: CLK 430
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Post 1991 300CE, Kansas City, Asking $8000

I know I don't have even nearly 100 posts, but I assure you that this is not a scam. I read a rule against linking, so I copied-and-pasted my Craigslist ad. Lemme know, I would prefer to sell to a BW member, as I can keep up with the car and see how well it will be taken care of. I would love to see someone make it look really nice with a body kit or some other sort of visual modifications.

Rare example of a fine German automobile. This is the 2-Door version of what Mercedes calls the sixth generation of the revered E-Class, the W124. The first thing you will notice upon driving it is the quietness and comfort at cruising speeds, Mercedes's trademark. It features a rare blue/tan color combination. It has plenty of power while maintaining a luxury-car feel, as it should, having sold for nearly $60,000 in 1991. This is an opportunity to drive the last over-engineered Mercedes. In the past year, I have only seen one other CE-model - these are hard to come by. This CE has been babied for nineteen years averaging 6,200 miles per year since its production. The car is equipped with:

Full leather seating for four
Automatic gearbox with gear selectors for gears 2 and 3
Power sunroof
Power seats
Power passenger mirror
Power telescopic steering wheel
Cruise control
Power windows
Cold A/C and toasty-warm heating
And much more

A few tasteful updates and upgrades:

New sound system and speakers ~$550
Remote start (Incredibly useful in the winter months) ~$269
Updated headlights and taillights (Stock units available) ~$200
New rims (Stock units available) ~$400
Nitrogen Michelin all-season almost brand new tires ~$660

As is understandable for a car of this age, there are a few minor cosmetic blemishes. The dashboard is (hardly-noticeably) cracked, there are some light scratches and one or two dents. Realize, though, that you probably would not notice if I didn't tell you.

Reliability-wise, I had the alternator replaced 3,000 miles ago or so, and everything is 100%. The car has been maintained at Aristocrat Motors. We know the mechanic on a first-name basis, and the previous owner is a sales representative there as well. To give yourself peace-of-mind, call Aristocrat Motors and ask to talk to Clinton. Ask him about Dave and Marcel's blue 300CE. He knows and loves the car too, and I am sure he will be more than happy to report that I have meticulously maintained the car in mechanically and cosmetically excellent condition.

The W124 is globally renowned for its incredible safety innovations, designed to protect its occupants from impacts at Autobahn speeds. It features an anti-lock braking system, front and side airbags, and seatbelt pretensioners, among other features.

Please call me (Marcel) at (913) 909 4084 for more information or to schedule a time to drive the car. I will be sad to see it go.

Thanks for your interest.

Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: