post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: 1997 S420, 2000 E55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
FS or Trade: 1997 W140 S420 - Excellent Condition - Texas

1997 Mercedes Benz S420 128,900 Miles, Factory Xenon Lights.

Car Located in San Antonio, TX

Asking $5500 but will consider trades for 4wd or Motorcycle.

I just recently moved overseas to Costa Rica and now need to sell my Mercedes. This car has been very well cared for and is in outstanding condition. The interior is a 10/10 and show perfect. The leather is in excellent shape and has no tears or stains of any kind. The carpet is free from defects/stains and the car also comes with a set of all-season rubber mats. The exterior shows an 8/10. I rate it an 8 because the front bumper has a little damage from hitting a curb. You can see the extent of the damage in the picture of the front bumper. The mark is on the left side of the car. I am very anal about the appearance of my car and this mark has never bothered my enough to fix it. The exterior also has a couple of minor door dings, but nothing out of the ordinary for the mileage. The exterior has receive treatment with Klasse waxes at least once a season. The paint shows VERY well.

I am the third owner of the car. I bought the car from a friend of mine, who beforehand had bought it from his grandfather. I know the entire history of the car and have all the records available for the new owner. The car has a i-Drive installed so that your ipod can be controlled with the factory headunit.

There are no maintenance issues that need to be addressed. I cared for the car with an open wallet and everything is in excellent condition. I own the software the Mercedes Dealership uses to diagnose and repair these vehicles, called CarSoft. This is an extremely expensive software and is invaluable and caring for a Mercedes.

In the past 5,000 miles I have done the following maintenance.

Front Brakes. Brakes currently have about 85% life left.

Air filter

Oiler Tubes replaced. Preventive maintenance done at 125k

Timing chain guides replaced. Also preventive maintenance done at 125k

Belts and hoses replaced @ 125k

Valve cover gaskets replaced. Preventive and done at the same time as oiler tubes and chain guides

New Continental ContiContact's installed less than 5k miles ago. Tires have 95% life left. Even the spare is brand new.

Car received an alignment at time tires where installed.

Replaced all coilpacks. When I ordered the coilpacks the company accidentally sent me 9 instead of 8 so I have a brand new coilpack that is included in the sale.

The car is up to par as far as maintenance goes. The rear brakes have about 40% life left. I have a set of Rear OEM Pads and Rear OEM Rotors that I am including in the sale. I bought the brakes when I replaced the front knowing that I would need to install them at some point. The car has always had it oil changed religiously with Mobil 1 5w40. It also has the factory rear sunshade installed.

You are welcome to test drive the car or inspect it at your expense before you purchase. The car is in the Garden Ridge suburb of San Antonio.

I have title in hand so there are no funny issues with banks,etc. Title of course is clean and clear.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Here is the ebay link for pics: Mercedes-Benz : S-Class:eBay Motors (item 200386440140 end time Sep-28-09 09:00:07 PDT)

/ James
2000 E55
1997 S420
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009, 05:12 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 85 300SL Euro,97 SL320,95 S420,07 S550
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have a nice S420 if not that would be my car to buy.
Also only $5K that's all what our cars are worth in good condition ,how much for the bad ones?
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: