This is going to get noticed sooner or later, so I might as well list it here too and suffer the “slings and arrows” from letting go of such a great car. I’ve been thinking about selling this car on and off for awhile now, but I guess I’d better give it a serious “college try” – if I sell it to a good home then I’ll be content with that, and if I can’t then I’ll keep it and keep driving it sparingly.
Which is why I’m selling it – I just don’t drive it much, and I’m more of a driving car-guy than a collecting car-guy. I drive my w126 several days a week and freaking love it, so I still have that one to keep me quite content. This car is in exceptional condition and it’s a blast to drive, but I’ve got a four-person family so it’s not exactly perfect for family outings (the '66 250SE Cab is), and I’m selective about to where I drive it when I do drive it. So maybe I can find a good home for it.
Most of you already know these things, but anyways:
• 45,800 miles
• New MB softtop in 2006, new tires in 2007, new timing chain/guides in 2008
• No accidents, no paint
• First owner from 1983 to 2007, me from 2007 to 2009
• Always garaged and loved – never driven in rain, engine and undercarriage is exceptionally clean and it has never been cleaned
• ALL ORIGINAL AMG DOCUMENTATION, Bills of Sale, and Federalization docs – a true rarity after 26 years. All proves this car’s provenance.
Full original AMG package done in Germany in 1983 –
- Engine heads and intake were polished and ported by AMG
- AMG cams
- Getrag 5-speed “dogleg” close-ratio manual transmission
- AMG suspension
- AMG limited-slip rear end
- AMG full body kit
- AMG wheels (Aero I’s installed/painted by AMG of NA in 1989)
- SEC ortho/heated seats installed by AMG in 1983
$31,500 – yes it’s probably one of the most expensive R107s out there, but it should be. Full AMG, documentation, spectacular condition, the right colors, the right transmission, and low miles. It’ll only go up in value.
Interested peoples can email me at email@example.com
; car is in Houston, Texas and I have the title in hand.
I know some of you here won’t understand, but I’ve thought hard about this and I’m okay with it as long as it goes to a good place. The car is collector quality – take a “normal” SL to a car gathering and it goes unnoticed except by the faithful, but take this car and everyone stares. It’s quite fun!
Video is here: