Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking to find a serious buyer for my 380 SEC.

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Chris560/380SEC 
#1 · (Edited)
I have several SEC's, but my favorite 380 with 50k original miles has been sitting in my garage for too long and I think it's time to find it a new home for someone who really wants it and is serious about getting a pretty rare, all original, very low miles 1983 380 SEC. The car is an antique at this point, but with the chrome, the glass and even the paint being all original and in great shape it's really a time machine, not something that someone beat on or even hit the road much in 26 years. I am in the process of finally getting a title for this car because I never needed one and it was previously registered in a no-title state where it sat for years in a garage, but always started every month along with the Ferrari Dino on it's right and the SL on it's left. I have been putting dealer plates on it whenever I have felt the need to take it for a drive, once a month, but have finally decided to make some room for the 560 I just finished customizing with the Lorinser package and I stopped being lazy and contacted MB in Germany and finally found the shipping order when it was brought over here from Germany 25 years ago and finally being issued a title so I can sell it in Mass. The car is about as clean as they come with a beautiful brown leather interior without a rip or tear or a crack on the dash. The original gold paint could use a wax and buff, but it has no rust or rot anywhere one the car. Like an aged fine wine the only thing on this car that doesn't belong there is some dust. Just thought I'd put the word out to someone who may be interested as I've had a few who were in the past, but didn't want to part with it. Now I think it's time with the 2 new projects I'm working on that could use the funds to invest in. Needless to say everything works and actually most of the parts that matter look like they did when they were new... door jams, trunk, engine compartment, all chrome, seats, dash, etc. If anyone might be interested feel free to drop me a line. It's not urgent that I sell. Just thought I'd put it out there and search for a new home with someone who knows about the car and can take care of it as it has been for all these years and truly appreciate it.

See less See more
#8 ·
Let me know how to post the pics. I'm new here. I thought 1 on 1 with through private email would be better, but whatever as long as it's serious inquiry. I posted one on my profile. I'll take some of everything today. I really didn't do every angle to sell yet because up to this point didn't want to sell. If you'd like to write through personal email it may be better. I'll keep the fellow if mind with the parts, but everything's pretty nice as is. Just 1 or 2 very minor cosmetic issues. I'll get the pics. One thing I don't want to deal with is people with no serious interest just looking for something to be negative about and looking for something that doesn't affect them one way or the other. Just have a very nice car I think someone may really want to acquire.

#11 ·
I'm sending pics via email just fine, but have been trying to post pics through this message board, but without success. Anyone who's interested can email me at Chris02740 at msn. I see there are some good people here, but hoping not to receive scams or solicitations, refunding fake checks for payment of car from Caymens or Nigeria, Bank of London etc. I'll be glad to send you all the pics you need and discuss price. I'll give you my location if you'd like to come see the car, I'm doing this for a quick sale just being spontaneous. I also have a very well cared for 88 560 with all maintenance records that runs and drives and looks like new. I'm in New Bedford, Mass. so if you're in the general area I'll give you my number and we can arrange something or work out your own shipping if we work something out. I will say that the Euro 380 is not a barnfind waiting to break down or needing attention, but cleaning. It has the original champagne gold exterior with the beautiful rich brown interior, not an undesirable color combination as seems to be what most finds are nowdays. They only made 11,000 of these 380's in their production run and not mainstreamlike the 560 after it. Get in touch and I'd be happy to give you whatever you need. It's privately owed and located at my home. Accepting "reasonable" best offers, but my appraiser has it at $16,500, but I'll work with price for someone serious. Reason for sale is I'm trying to invest in a new motor for my 69 Corvette show car which is also here at my place, but not for sale. The 380 and 560 are also listed for sale locally as of yesterday. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.