Date registered: Aug 2009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
1974 Mercedes 280C...Washington DC area
Hi, I'm a regular on the Mercedes ShopForum, but I've been a non-registered lurker and I figured I'd post here as well for more exposure:
1974 Mercedes 280C, W114 Chassis
I am the 2nd owner, car as-is is a real head-turner when out driving.
- Unknown miles, no record of if the odometer has rolled.
- Engine is the M110 engine with a 4-barrel Quadrajet carb (US engine, 145HP). Runs OK as-is. With a tune-up it would be great. In current state of tune it made it from Pamplin, VA to Arlington, VA (3.75 hour drive).
- Original interior (could use new floor mats) in OK condition.
- Repaint about 2 years before being put into storage 10 years ago, paint looks great.
- Due to being in storage for years, it will need some new weatherstripping and rubber parts, change of all fluids (transmission, rear diff etc.)
Also, I have a euro-spec M110 CIS Fuel Injected 185HP motor that I bought to swap into this car. (Engine was removed from donor grey-market 1985 280E that was being converted to Veggie-oil diesel)
Combining the Car and Motor would make for a great car for someone with the knowledge and time to spend restoring.
Thanks for looking and shoot me a PM or e-mail if interested.