Greetings from Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
I imported this car from Japan a couple of years ago. Mainly because there are so few 123 cars up here any more. I donâ€™t even want to tell how much money I have invested in this car. J I want to sell it before the snow flies. It is over 25 years so it will go into the US no problem.
A blurb that I wrote for it follows:
You are looking at a European/Asian specification 1981 Mercedes Benz with only 99,000 original kilometers (62,000 miles) on the odometer. It is in absolutely â€śtime warpâ€ť condition, with what looks like only one quality repaint from a number of years ago. The gasoline engine is a 2.8 litre, DOHC, 6 cylinder, naturally aspirated, fuel injected, gasoline fueled, 177hp motor, and cruises effortlessly at 140km/hour (87 miles/hour).
Hopefully you are still reading J Anyway, I must again emphasize that this Mercedes is in original condition with the exception of the paint. All the interior, cloth upholstery, floor coverings, etc are as they were when the left the Mercedes factory twenty eight model years ago. The wheels are Intra brand Mercedes â€śbuntâ€ť replica alloys. Six correct Mercedes wheel covers are included with the purchase. The spare tire may be one of the factory installed tires.
Mechanically, I had the Alberta Out of Province Safety Inspection (required by Alberta law before a vehicle can be registered in Alberta) performed and it was declared â€śAmazing!â€ť by the licensed technician who did the inspection. To ensure that the purchaser of this car could just fly into Calgary and drive anywhere, I had the following preventative maintenance completed on the car:
- Cooling system flush, coolant change with MBZ coolant
- Oil and filter change
- Automatic transmission service with new filter and fluid
- Brake fluid flush and replacement
- Power steering flush and fluid replacement.
- Complete motor tune up including cap, rotor, ignition wires, spark plugs, valve adjustment
- New OEM brake rotors, pads and sensors front and rear
- New OEM tie rods and steering damper
- New wiper blades
- New drivers window regulator
- Daytime running lights relay installed
- 4 new 195/70R-14 all season radial tires manufactured by B.F Goodrich with an110,000km (70,000 mile) tread life warranty
- New Battery.
- New factory under hood pad
- New heater motor.
- New driveshaft centre bearing.
All repair orders are available for viewing.
If you have any questions or further picture requests you may email or call me.
If you would like to speak to me directly you may on 403.815.1173 (before 9pm MDT please) .
Thanks for looking!
Here are some pics.