Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Selling 96 S500

437 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Syruspimpz 
#1 ·
*Might have posted it in the wrong topic so i am reposting sorry for the misunderstanding!*

Hey guys,

Sadly to say I have been the proud owner of a 1996 W140 S500 for about a year now and it's been my first car so I look after it more than my girlfriend =/. At least the car gives me more benefits lol.

In any case I have to get rid of it as My pops finally took me off his insurance and I cannot afford paying 4 grand every 6 months yes I got the quote and it's the lowest One I found, I am 20 yrs old Living in NY thats probably why. IN any case long story short here are the specs:

I got it a year ago at 114k miles, It's not at nearly 130k. The engine has been taken apart by my father who is a Master class mechanic for Mercedes (yeah I got lucky in life) and he changed what parts were old or bad and rebuilt some other stuff I have no clue about =/ you can ask him later if ur really interested. I got the car for 5 grand and put a Lot into it. It's got the viper alarm system with which you can track the car if it's ever stolen, a built in police radar and I believe the rear and front bumpers have a device thats sends signals to a radar that blocks it so I never really got stopped for a speeding ticket but I do a good 100 on the highway.

Mhh lets see what else... I replaced the rear bumper and painted the panels to go along with the car it's original color is grey and I left it that way, but it's as black as asphault so I'm not sure why it's put grey on the documents. I also changed the wheels and rims to a 96+ version rather than a 94 That I got them with. I tried to keep it as original as possible because I can't put underglow on a s class tahts just insane and I'll leave it for when I ever get a honda... which is never considering I love Mercedes. I clocked it at maybe 4.3 seconds going 0-60 so yeah the engine is pretty tweaked.

Only downside is it has a crack on the front windshield which is on the passenger side from when I was trying to replace the window wiping control arm which might need to be changed =/ and teh rear windshield form an impact on july 3rd but the car's been in the shop and everything looks brand spanking new. The suspension is not shot so it doesn't weigh down and it has the full luxury package with the exception of reclinable rear seats and the window shades. I was going to put that in but never found myself wanting to spend anymore money on the car. I am selling it as is for at least 6 grand even though I put in a lot more to get this baby to where she is.

You can hook it up to a computer and you won't find anything in conflict or anything leaking under it. I change the oil every 5k miles and always and only feed her 93 octane gas. If you need pics just leave a message or pm me but I should put them up shortly since I'm getting it back from the auction.

I didn't have the heart to sell her to some random guy who's probably going to kill her but instead I wanted to try a real benz enthusiast who would take care of her. She runs great and again I would take more than 6 grand if you wanna overpay... but who wants to do that right? lol

Anyhow excuse the essay but one last thing the rear passenger side window motor is broken on the right side so the window is always up and doesn't go down. the interior is in top notch and everything functions. O and I also changed the filters on the air conditioner maybe 2 months ago or so.

Anyhow let me know if you are interested, otherwise I'm gonna take that other bidders offer for it. I just don't wanna see it go to waste since a lot of hard work was put into maintaining the car.

Thank you,

Eugene.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.