post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Mar 2009
Vehicle: '92 400E - 120k
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Post FS: 1992 W124 400E

It's pretty safe to say I'm in love with Mercedes since I bought this car. But, I was browsing online and saw an '87 560 SEL for sale with only 96k on it, and after running the vin and calling about it, it turns out to be previously owned by a relative of mine. What a small world, lol. I have a 1992 W124 400E for sale, three owner, owned by the same family it's entire lifetime. COMPLETELY CLEAN CARFAX. Bought new in Naples, Florida in 1992, still have the original sticker and all the paperwork as well as flawless records in which it only visited Mercedes-Benz dealerships throughout it's lifetime. Just hit 119k, and came up from Florida last year, still hasn't seen a winter. The only thing wrong with the car is very few cosmetic imperfection, and believe me, I'm a perfectionist. Interior is like new. Obviously it's got a few minor dings that could be pulled and a few minor blemishes but believe me, I own an auto detailing business, and this car will shine. I'm probably gonna end up clay barring it this weekend as it's gonna be for sale locally as well. Mechanically it's perfect - just had it at the dealership for a complete diagnostic in which the only thing they found wrong, thank god lol, was the car had a stuck monovalve, which was replaced as well as the cooling system flushed to the tune of $800 right here in Fayetteville, NY at Romano Mercedes. It has 16" Borbet lightweight wheels, just over a few hundred miles on them, with new UHP General Tires. Have the OEM wheels as well. Only mods are from the previous owner, which includes H&R springs - 1.3" lowering, Koni Sport shocks, Euro Headlights, and an in dash Sony CD player obviously due to the factory cassette being outdated lol. Undercarriage of the car is spotless also. The power of the M119 V8 is unbelievable - run full Mobil 1 0w40 synthetic. No smoke or anything like that obviously. Like I said I'm only selling to "downgrade" to an '87 560 from my '92, as the cosmetics on this '87 are literally perfect, and I just don't have the time and don't wanna spend the money to get the minor dings pulled outta this car. But believe me, it looks like it has less wear and tear than a car with 30k. All previous owners were a doctor from Naples, who sold it to a boss at the Department of Defense who then sold it to me. Asking price? $5,500, but all trades and reasonable offers considered. Pics of my car: Pictures by idkmybffcms - Photobucket Thanks again guys, and if anyone on here knows anyone or any place that I could sell this car at, please let me know as I'd like to buy the 560 by next weekend so I have it for my memorial day roadtrip
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: