post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-08-2009, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: 1997 S420, 2000 E55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
FS: 1997 S-420 Excellent Condition, $7750OBO

The future has me moving to Costa Rica rather quickly, so I need to sell my car within the next few months. This is not something I planned on doing and I am not happy to do, but unfortunately she isn’t going to be able to stand up to the Costa Rican driving conditions (mudslides, potholes the size of buffalo). So I am wanting to sell her.

Here is the rundown:

1997 Mercedes S-420
Silver on Blue Leather
4.2L V8 Engine
126,000 Miles (Still my daily driver/only car)
Located in Trumbull, CT (Fairfield Co, about 15 miles north of Bridgeport)
Asking $7750 – Kelly Blue Book prices it out at $8135. I am slightly flexible.
The car was a southern car up until about 8 months ago….no rust anywhere.
Title is in hand.

The car is in perfect mechanical condition. I am the third owner, with the 2nd owner being a good friend of mine. He was given the car by his grandfather (1st owner). The car has been meticulously cared for and has many miles left in her. The outside ranks a 8 out of ten and the inside ranks a 9 out of 10. The car also has a brand new set of tires (Continental Conti-Pro Contacts). I put them on less than 800 miles ago. I didn’t realize I was selling the car at that time. I have included some pictures below and I am glad to send over more if you would like to see them. The car has never had any frame damage and even been in any wreck to my knowledge. The Carfax report confirms this. The exterior has some dings, but nothing that cant be fixed by replacing the front bumper. The car shows and runs very well for her age and you are welcome to an inspection and test drive.

Extras:
Privacy screen
OEM HID Lights
Full Medical kit still included (original)
Spare Tire is Brand new, never been on the ground

Known Issues:
- the front bumper has a crack from where the previous owner pulled to far up on a curve. A common problem with the W140’s
- the passenger side mirror does not adjust. The mirror housing WILL still fold in however.
- the original floor mats have some fraying. Other than that, the interior is flawless and very clean. I don’t use the OEM mats anymore as I have been using the all weather mats you can see in the picture. The all weather mats will remain with the car and do wonders to make cleanup easy.

Extras:
-Car will also come with an imitation set of AMG wheels that are matched to Dunlop snow tires. The tires have one season (maybe 4000 miles on them) and are in perfect conditions. The rims have some chipping on them, but are perfect for winter wheels.
- I have a full set of rear brake pads. I replaced the front pads about 6000 miles ago but accidentally order rear pads. Instead of paying the expensive shipping to send them back, I kept them knowing I would need them in the future. The front pads have about 80% life left, the rear about 50%. Brakes are very quite.
- Ipod adapter to control your Ipod through the headunit
- Roughly 12,000 miles ago I replaced all the coil packs in the engine. The shop I ordered them from accidentally sent me 9 (instead of 8). So I have an extra coil pack to go with the vehicle should one ever go bad.

Please let me know if you have any questions

-Brian

Sorry. I am having difficulties putting pictures directly into the post. They can be view here: Pictures by jamesbahn78 - Photobucket

--------------------------------------------
/ James
2000 E55
1997 S420
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in