BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jul 2009
Vehicle: 1970 280sel, 1979 300d Wagon, 1971 250c
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
17" AMG Aero 1 Hammer Mercedes wheels/rims

Quote:
Originally Posted by siksclass View Post
SOLD to MrBits. Thank you everyone for the interest. Will a Moderator please close this thread.

http://s833.photobucket.com/albums/z...t=P1040022.jpg

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!

Jwalk1972

Last edited by jwalk1972; 04-11-2010 at 10:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-05-2010, 09:51 PM
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.9amg View Post
Hi, are these still available?
mercedes :: P1040022.jpg picture by jwalk1972 - Photobucket

Jwalk1972
post #43 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 01:25 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2008
Vehicle: 95 C220
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
GLWS

Last edited by wichipong; 04-06-2010 at 01:26 AM. Reason: mistyped
post #44 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 09:59 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2002
Vehicle: Depends on the day!
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jhodg5ck
3 of those wheels are the same, one is later. Who ever buys the set is going to be Grumpy as finding the set of 3 center caps is going to be Difficult @ best (NLA) and while the center caps for the one is readily available it looks totally different from the bit that fits the other 3.

Not an ideal situation to say the least.

Jonathan

Blue Ridge Mercedes/AMG East
Jonathan Hodgman
http://www.blueridgemb.com/
Enthusiast Service, Restoration & Tuning.
Authorized RENNtech Dealer & Installer
Follow Us on Facebook!
Located in the Atlanta area

87 Hammer Wagon 6.0L 32V
87 Hammer 6.0L 32V
86 560SEL AMG 6.0 32V
etc....

Mercedes Repair Atlanta
post #45 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 11:19 AM
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodg5ck View Post
3 of those wheels are the same, one is later. Who ever buys the set is going to be Grumpy as finding the set of 3 center caps is going to be Difficult @ best (NLA) and while the center caps for the one is readily available it looks totally different from the bit that fits the other 3.

Not an ideal situation to say the least.

Jonathan

Thanks for you help and support in selling these...

I guess I should love the fact that people give bad unsolicited opinions, since we also receive good unsolicited ones also.

Jonathan...I understand that not having the same size center caps all around may not be the ideal situation and that the logo being different on one might be a problem for some. BUT THE WHEELS LOOK GOOD
I'm not selling the wheels because of the center caps or the logo. I'm not that anal. I do have a little OCD going on though These are great wheels and they will sit in my garage if someone does not buy them. It's ok if the wheels are not for you, they are for the person that has a nice DAILY DRIVER and wants’ their ride to look GOOD! The wheels are in great shape and hard to find, with or without the center caps.

I'm fairly resourceful, but I’m sure you’re more knowledgeable than I on Mercedes. Maybe you could be helpful by suggesting a place where someone might find some center caps?

thx

Jwalk1972
post #46 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 11:20 AM
BenzWorld Member

the C220 looks good with those wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by wichipong View Post
GLWS
thx
your C220 looks good with those wheels.

Jwalk1972
post #47 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 11:27 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2002
Vehicle: Depends on the day!
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jhodg5ck
That's just it, the small center caps are damn near impossible to find. Last customer that needed a set spent a little over a YEAR looking.. Finally found someone willing to part w/ them in Germany.

The wheels are nice, and if they were all the same and had the proper caps I'd be Interested, but for me, and I know for my clientele, that would be a deal breaker.

One would think center caps would be a non issue..that is why I posted to alert those not so much in the know that it's a PITA to sort out.

Jonathan

Blue Ridge Mercedes/AMG East
Jonathan Hodgman
http://www.blueridgemb.com/
Enthusiast Service, Restoration & Tuning.
Authorized RENNtech Dealer & Installer
Follow Us on Facebook!
Located in the Atlanta area

87 Hammer Wagon 6.0L 32V
87 Hammer 6.0L 32V
86 560SEL AMG 6.0 32V
etc....

Mercedes Repair Atlanta
post #48 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 11:43 AM
BenzWorld Member

I'v read about the dreaded hunt for Aero 1 center caps

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodg5ck View Post
That's just it, the small center caps are damn near impossible to find. Last customer that needed a set spent a little over a YEAR looking.. Finally found someone willing to part w/ them in Germany.

The wheels are nice, and if they were all the same and had the proper caps I'd be Interested, but for me, and I know for my clientele, that would be a deal breaker.

One would think center caps would be a non issue..that is why I posted to alert those not so much in the know that it's a PITA to sort out.

Jonathan

I'v read about the dreaded Aero 1 center caps. I'v noticed that it's been hard to find them. I have not given it too much time but I will if it is going to make it easier to sell. I have had alot of interest and I'v only had them posted for a week, but it does'nt matter until cash is in hand. I gues i'll have to go on the crazy hunt.

Do you know off the top where I could find the standard size flat center cap? Atleast i'll have one of them out of the way.

Do you know the mm size for the smaller ones? If not i'll measure when I get home.

I'll keep everyone posted on my progress.

thx for the feedbak Jonathan

Jwalk1972

Last edited by jwalk1972; 04-06-2010 at 11:45 AM.
post #49 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 02:07 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2008
Vehicle: '87 560SEC: '86 AMG 560SEC: '87 560SEL - PAST: Heckflosse 190 & 230S
Unsolicited opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalk1972 View Post
Thanks for you help and support in selling these...

I guess I should love the fact that people give bad unsolicited opinions, since we also receive good unsolicited ones also...

It's ok if the wheels are not for you, they are for the person that has a nice DAILY DRIVER and wants’ their ride to look GOOD! The wheels are in great shape and hard to find, with or without the center caps.

I'm fairly resourceful, but I’m sure you’re more knowledgeable than I on Mercedes. Maybe you could be helpful by suggesting a place where someone might find some center caps?

thx
IMO it's poor form to hijack others' FOR SALE threads to promote your own stuff/links. This is the 2nd one you did this on, but at least this one was not an active sale. Why not be content with your own open listing.

Secondly, why R U asking "Maybe you could be helpful by suggesting a place where someone might find some center caps?" - in your Craigs Ad you state "NO CENTER CAPS!!! I know where to get them and am willing to do so after the transaction." Why not share this source of yours, with the rest of the board? FYI, the /// cap can be obtained from any dealership, or many other websites.

Otherwise, since MANY may not like (daily) driving on such nice wheels with their axles hanging out, perhaps consider splitting them up for those (like me) who want matching spares ? I'd be interested, except my aeros are ET-11, which is what this thread was originally about.

Last edited by MrBits; 04-06-2010 at 02:15 PM.
post #50 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 03:43 PM
BenzWorld Member

AMG Aero 1 Hammer 17" x 8" et 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBits View Post
IMO it's poor form to hijack others' FOR SALE threads to promote your own stuff/links. This is the 2nd one you did this on, but at least this one was not an active sale. Why not be content with your own open listing.

Secondly, why R U asking "Maybe you could be helpful by suggesting a place where someone might find some center caps?" - in your Craigs Ad you state "NO CENTER CAPS!!! I know where to get them and am willing to do so after the transaction." Why not share this source of yours, with the rest of the board? FYI, the /// cap can be obtained from any dealership, or many other websites.

Otherwise, since MANY may not like (daily) driving on such nice wheels with their axles hanging out, perhaps consider splitting them up for those (like me) who want matching spares ? I'd be interested, except my aeros are ET-11, which is what this thread was originally about.

Hello MrBits,

Nice to meet you

1. If I offended anyone by hijacking this thread, I'm sorry. I thought since the person starting the thread already SOLD their rims, that it would not be too inconsiderate. I actually thought it would be good idea and helpful to those still interested in this type of wheel. As for the other one, my baddddd. I am fairly new to the forum etiquette and won't make that mistake again.

2. I could see how that would be confusing. Did you look at the link or are you into being difficult? eBay My World - e-postal I listed the ebay link. If it's not a good resource than I'm open to being wrong. I was also told by a resource that Fast Forward wheels in Monterey Park (323-262-7365) have done them in the past. Unfortunately when I called they said they are not willing to do them anymore. As I mentioned in my response to Jonathan that I will post any findings I have on the center caps. I hope that this helps answer some of your questions MR MONK...oops Mrbits. I got caught up in the whole interrogation thing.

3. Since you’re one of the MANY, than I guess you not the ONE (all I need is one) that might want these for a daily driver or every other day driver.

Enjoy your toys!

Jwalk1972
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in