I'm a long time member from Newport Beach/ Palo Alto, but a ghost poster. I have a pretty unique car I am thinking of selling, but I have no idea what it's worth and who would be interested in it. The car in question is a 1997 Mercedes G320 that was imported by Europa, then in New Mexico, before Mercedes began importing them themselves. It is highly optioned and has many custom features that were state of the art... in 1997. It is a great driver though, and at this point, sort of a vintage piece. Many collectors consider the early g wagens 1979-2001 more desirable than the MBUSA ones because they have fewer electronics and were hand made during the period when MB was known for having tank-like build quality. CA car.
This one is unique among them because
- It has the 320 motor, which is a little less powerful than the 500, but better on gas and pretty torquey in low gearing off road
- It is the only one with 4 powered captains chairs and facing rear bench seats (with belts)
- 1-off amg exhaust
- old school, more hard core running boards and safari lights
- full set of custom cocoa mats
- Original, authentic Brabus 2 piece wheels
- audiophile sound system with 3 McIntosh Labs amps, dynaudio speakers, headrest monitors etc.
Pics are viewable here:
Picasa Web Albums - Sam - 1997 Europa G320
It has 130k on the clock but runs as new. All of the differential locks work. It has a couple scratches and dings, but is in overall good shape. Sometimes the stereo is a little finicky, though. It just needs someone to check all the wiring, but I have not had time to do it. We have owned the car for about 5 years, and the previous owner was a famous record producer.
The car is certainly a conversation piece, hope to hear from you!