LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Nov 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
2009 AMG C63 For sale...suggestions?

Guys, I was referred to this site by someone who told me I might have luck finding a new home for my C63. I purchased a 2009 C63 AMG in October. I lost a good paying job, and now have to sell the vehicle, I never even made it to the 1000 mile mark. I tried eBAY but with the economy being the way it is, the bidding didnt even go up to 48k.

I paid well over 70k for my C63, and have a clear title, perfect car, has everything but the limited slip option. Has the 792 Silver, 201 Premium AMG leather, 057 iPOD, P02, 318 AMG Leather PKG, and 320 Multimedia with DVD Nav.

I've had ALOT of scammers from overseas trying to get their hands on the car and basically steal it from me via fake payment sites and such. I just wanted to post and see if anybody was interested.

Fun is nice, but the family comes first, and 70k is ALOT to not have when you are now unemployed due to job loss due to the economy.

Car is in Maryland. If anybody has suggestions, I am willing to listen. Here is a link to it from the auction.

eBay Motors: Mercedes-Benz : C-Class (item 180305737489 end time Nov-20-08 14:14:16 PST)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 08:29 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2005
Send a message via AIM to battlecat714 Send a message via Yahoo to battlecat714
Try posting the vehicle on mbworld.org as well since it also receives a high volume of traffic - best of luck with the sale.

post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 09:17 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Sep 2008
here's a suggestion: see if you can enroll yourself in a middle school home ec. class; this is just nutso.

a month away from my-world-is-so-razor-thin-i-am-just-getting-fired away-from-having-my-life-pwned, amidst headlines of the greatest economic collapse in 70 years, you decide to wager 10grr per austere decade on a compact car. three tankfuls of gas later, your very good job disappears, to which you respond, "a-ha, let me rid myself of this terrible mistake of a loan by paying it off with cash i pull out of home equity." home equity, being, of course, in late 2008 dollars. home equity, being of course, now, actually, mysteriously, turning itself into more, what - better? less sucky? - debt. what is this, some sort of economic stimulus/mortgage bailout scam?

i understand people get in over their heads and bad things happen unexpectedly to good people and all that. what i don't understand is how some people end up with these "very good jobs." are there no entrance exams or certification requirements to minimize such travesty? is everyone that scores 140mil over 8 years mike vick? of course, i guess that could be said for any in the banking, credit, financial engineering, insurance, energy, etc biz these days. while we pay for it 800Bil a day.

i apologize. i realize that is harsh. somehow, please believe my offense is intended more generally than personally, magnified by extreme sensitivity to certain realities of the current economic condition. but car investment, especially of the ultra-high-end retail variety, is about the most notorious of all losing propositions. very very few models are holding their own these days, and just about everything - houses, cars, boats, race horses, you name it - is being dragged way way down with the ruckus.

this post is a cautionary tale for low down payments and your friendly neighborhood repo man. virtually any car loan equals irrational exuberance these days if you ask me.
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 10:17 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtripper View Post
here's a suggestion: see if you can enroll yourself in a middle school home ec. class; this is just nutso.

a month away from my-world-is-so-razor-thin-i-am-just-getting-fired away-from-having-my-life-pwned, amidst headlines of the greatest economic collapse in 70 years, you decide to wager 10grr per austere decade on a compact car. three tankfuls of gas later, your very good job disappears, to which you respond, "a-ha, let me rid myself of this terrible mistake of a loan by paying it off with cash i pull out of home equity." home equity, being, of course, in late 2008 dollars. home equity, being of course, now, actually, mysteriously, turning itself into more, what - better? less sucky? - debt. what is this, some sort of economic stimulus/mortgage bailout scam?

i understand people get in over their heads and bad things happen unexpectedly to good people and all that. what i don't understand is how some people end up with these "very good jobs." are there no entrance exams or certification requirements to minimize such travesty? is everyone that scores 140mil over 8 years mike vick? of course, i guess that could be said for any in the banking, credit, financial engineering, insurance, energy, etc biz these days. while we pay for it 800Bil a day.

i apologize. i realize that is harsh. somehow, please believe my offense is intended more generally than personally, magnified by extreme sensitivity to certain realities of the current economic condition. but car investment, especially of the ultra-high-end retail variety, is about the most notorious of all losing propositions. very very few models are holding their own these days, and just about everything - houses, cars, boats, race horses, you name it - is being dragged way way down with the ruckus.

this post is a cautionary tale for low down payments and your friendly neighborhood repo man. virtually any car loan equals irrational exuberance these days if you ask me.
Wow, I think that is a bit out of line. In today's economy anyone can find themselves in a bad spot in a heart beat. I looked at this car and would have bought it if it had the PP on it. Unfortunately the cost of retrofitting the components would have been too expensive so I went new with PP on it. This is a great opportunity for someone to get a really nice car for a decent price and not have to wait for months to be driving it.

Just my $.02 for what it's worth...
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Roadtripper, I don't appreicate the tone of your post. I had a job making 141k a year working as a fraud consultant with a major bank. My job was supposed to be secure because the bank just purchased another bank (Wells Fargo/Wachovia), the layoff came as a shock not only to me but to many colleagues. I had to pass rigorous tests/security clearance as well as obtain an MBA to obtain my job. While I did get my dream car, yes, a month later I had my life taken away from me. The home is paid off, I have a $150k line of credit, which I used to pay off the car which was financed at 6%. There was no promotional financing on the AMG. My HELOC is 3.5% with all my discounts, so it was a prudent thing to do. Am I broke, yes, but I have access to credit, and that is all I have access to.

I would rather sell the car and pay back my HELOC than to take the cowards way out and max out my credit and file for bankruptcy. At least if I sell the car, I can pay back the HELOC (44k I took out), and have about 20k to put back in the bank.

People make choices based on their perceived job stability, I was assured in my field that my job was stable, it was not. I made a mistake, and am trying to get rid of a luxury that I do not need, to do the RIGHT thing and support my family.

Last edited by mysticspirit25; 11-26-2008 at 10:24 PM.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 10:42 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Oct 2008
Vehicle: 98c230 & 98c43
Sorry to hear that, but do you really have to get rid of the car? I bet it really must hurt to part with it...

Try to line up another job quick! So you dont have to sacrifice anything! :[

Good luck with the sale though, if it really comes to it.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 06:47 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Well, I don't want to sell it, but I will have exhausted my reserves in savings by the middle of the month, I do have my wife and a 12 and a 2 year old to think of, and they come first. So luxury items are something I need to forego at this point in time. I look every day but the economy is so bad, I may have to relo to get a new job in my field.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 09:20 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2003
Vehicle: '86 190E 2.3, '08 RDX, '09 C63 AMG
MS25: That is a very prudent thing to do. You are fortunate that the house is paid off and getting rid of the car will minimize your monthly expenses. Perhaps you may want to budget about 3-4 mos of car payments and wait and see if another job lines up?
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 10:00 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jan 2008
Vehicle: 2000 e320 4matic Sedan
I work at carmax and we buy cars from people if you dont know that already. The other day we had a customer come in to sell his 2008 E63 AMG with 18k on it and he bought it for $115,000......guess how much our appraisers gave him? $42,500.....im sorry mystic but the market is not the same as it was and it wont be for a while, and its very hard to find a buyer for high end cars like yours.....good luck though and hopefully you will find a buyer but be prepared to lose around 20k
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 10:12 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Apr 2008
Vehicle: '00 slk230k (engine swap), '75 300D, 2011 GTI
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Kdude hit it right on... you are probably going to have to sacrifice how much you will be getting for the car. It'll be tough to do, but you probably are going to have to

SLK230
...modified...
properimage.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in