LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jul 2008
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
FS: Super Nice '95 C36 AMG

Summary: Excellent condition 1995 C36 AMG, 101k, $9,000 OBO.

Let me start by saying that this is an incredible car. For those not familiar with it, the 1995 C36 AMG was the first joint collaboration between AMG and Mercedes-Benz, and was sold through Mercedes dealers with a full warranty. As such, it has the over-engineered reliability that the W202 body style is famous for with an extra dash of sport and exclusivity. There were less than 500 C36 AMGs imported into the USA each of the three years it was produced, so it’s a fairly rare car. To put it in context, the C36 AMG was Mercedes’ answer to the BMW M3 and Audi S4/S6, and the performance is comparable. The C36 started life as a C280, shipped straight from the production line to AMG. AMG tore down the 2.8L straight six and bored it out to a 3.6L, upping HP from 180 to 268. Suspension was upgraded with lower springs, stiffer shocks, and thicker anti-roll bars. The brakes were upgraded with bigger rotors and calipers and cooling ducts from the front fascia. Wheels were upgraded to the classic 17” AMG monoblocs, staggered front to rear with rolled fenders to accommodate the bigger wheels. An AMG body kit, exhaust, gauges, sport seats, badging, steering wheel, and carbon-fiber pillar trim complete the package. It includes all the power goodies that were options on the C280, like 7 way power heated sport seats, slide and tilt moon-roof, stability and traction control (defeatable), cruise control, automatic climate control, Bose audio system with 6 CD changer, and power heated mirrors. My C36 also features an aftermarket "Avantgarde" grille and OEM Mercedes flat hood badge (original standing star included). I've owned BMWs, Porsches, Saabs, an Audi, etc but this is my favorite by far. It is the best compromise between sport and comfort, equal parts daily driver and sports car. It’s fun, but without any bad traits that make it unpleasant to drive daily. At 25 MPG highway, it’s also quite efficient for a sports sedan.

My '95 C36 AMG is in excellent condition inside and out with 101,000 miles. Carpets are essentially perfect as are the perforated leather seats, no tears or stains. No dash cracks, no smoking, no pets. The wood has a nice glossy shine, and everything (except the heated seats) works perfectly. This is a very solid car, the build quality is amazing. No rattles, the doors thud like a safe when they close. It drives very smoothly with strong acceleration and shifting (4-speed automatic is known for being bulletproof). No warning lights. Exterior paint is excellent with a great shine. Thanks to the clear bra installed on the front end and mirrors there are no rock chips. Body panels all have their OEM VIN tags intact, so I don't believe it has been in an accident. I'm an anal retentive engineer and believe in preventative maintenance, so during my ownership it's received new Royal Purple synthetic fluids in the differential and transmission, new transmission filter and gasket, ATE Super Blue brake fluid, new OE power-steering fluid and filter, spark plugs, fuel filter, steering damper, alternator, battery, Gatorback serpentine belt, fan blade, shift lever bushing, tie rods and center link, alignment, fresh Mobil 1 and filter, along with a few other small things. All of my work is backed up by receipts and summarized in an Excel file. Clear KS title in hand with no liens. I would trust this car to go anywhere.

Faults are very few, but I believe in full disclosure when selling a vehicle. The heated seats are inoperative except for the passenger backrest heater, very common for Mercedes. Two small scratches on the clear plastic cover over the gauges. Button #1 on the radio is missing. The center wood around the shifter has been refinished, and is not a perfect match to the rest of the interior. The wheels have a few very small spots where the clearcoat has chipped. Body is very straight, one very small ding on the passenger side that is so small that I can't get it to show in pictures. Overall it's a VERY nice car, but I want to provide the same thorough description that I expect when I buy a car online. I'm very anal with cars, and believe in full disclosure.

So why am I wanting to sell? As you can see from the preventative maintenance I planned on keeping this car for a long time, unfortunately my financial situation dictates that I must sell it. I'm looking for $9k OBO. If you're interested, email me at "jessup3 at cox.net" or call at 316-680-1748. I also have a large assortment of pictures of the C36 that I can email. Thanks for looking!

Last edited by onewhippedpuppy; 04-05-2009 at 12:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 08:04 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Bump for a really nice car.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 06:51 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Bump.

Last edited by onewhippedpuppy; 03-29-2009 at 08:17 PM.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 07:48 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I saw it on CL yesterday. It would compliment my ML 55 very well, too bad I has no extra cash!

BUMP!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Bump.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Bump.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Bump, still for sale.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-29-2009, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
I took this car off of the market for a while because I didn't want to sell it. Unfortunately now it needs to go.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 06:57 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Bump.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Sold!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in