For Sale: 2001 SLK320 AMG Sport - Brilliant Silver
- Two sets of AMG Wheels (AMG W220 18" with Dunlop Sport 225/40/18 Front and 235/40/18 Rear tires and the OEM AMG 17" wheels on Blizzak Winter Tires in storage)
- AMG 2002-2004 complete front bumper (vehicle came OEM with AMG appearance package, but I swapped out front bumpers around 2010 with a brand new, painted 2002-2004 set)
- Carlsson cat-back exhaust purchased from Carlsson of America and the OEM exhaust (removed in 2006 and in storage)
- CLK Silver 5-lamel front grille, AMG spoiler, interior matching wood trim and center console, and iPod adapter all purchased from mymercedes site.
- Aftermarket Panasonic Premier head unit and OEM stock stereo and trunk CD changer
- Dual cold air intake with Green brand cone filters (in storage) along with stock OEM intake setup (currently installed)
- Set of projector lights that I removed after a year but never sold (I preferred the OEM HIDs)
- Battery saver installed.
- New set of struts (in storage)
All major work was performed at local Mercedes dealerships with receipts (PSU Pump replacement, A/B services, alignment, etc.)
Gauging interest in my 2001 SLK320 AMG Sport model that I've had for the last 8 years (purchased at 25k miles). I am at the point where we need a larger vehicle and I'm likely to end up trading it in at the dealer (where I know I won't get much for the vehicle). I'd prefer to sell my baby private-party, but am skeptical that anyone wants to purchase the car with its 190,000 miles on it. The mileage is 90% highway, it's been garaged up until the last two years, and is in great shape. I have tons of photos over the years both on this site, available to link, as well as being able to provide additional, current photos to anyone interested. The car would be available to see anywhere in the Maryland/D.C. area, but anyone close to the Baltimore beltway would be the closest.
Full disclosure on all current "issues" that you would be interested in that I can think of:
The front end has plenty of rock chips from years of highway driving.
The wheels could use a refinish due to some curb rash from parking over the years.
Suspension needs a tune up (I also have a set of complete struts that I haven't had time to have installed)
There's a small spot of rust on the trunk lid near the corner of the license plate opening.
Small chip in the windshield
Small scratch on the passenger side door
Again, I'm just trying to offer this vehicle to someone that will take care of it and drive it for years to come vs. dropping it off at a dealership to be taken to auction. I don't want the hassle of selling it, but if I can get more for it from someone that's actually looking for a solid R170 3.2L with lots of extras, then it's worth it. Please PM me or email me at Anderson@terpalum.umd.edu
*Referencing some of the photo attachments - the projector lights, clear front turn lenses, and Euro tag have since been removed. The most current photo is the night shot with headlights on.