post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Oct 2002
Vehicle: 1985 Mercedes 420SEC
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to andrewcconti Send a message via Yahoo to andrewcconti
(Thread Starter)
1995 BMW Touring Wagon 525i California car in MASS.

1995 BMW 525iT Wagon Alpine White with Black Leatherette VIN# WBAHJ6326SGD24824 Southern California Car in New England White with Black Leatherette, No Sunroof, 172,000 one owner miles. The only option the car has is the cargo net. I am the second owner purchasing the car from a Southern California Dealer in October of last year. I asked a well respected Bimmerforums lister to give check out the car for me and he was nice enough to email me a detailed report before I wired the funds. I bought the car based on his assessment and was very pleased when it arrived. You will find his report below. I had the car shipped from San Diego to the Boston area. The car immediately went into a climate controlled storage after taking delivery so no New England weather ever. Original keys, window sticker (car was purchased new at Brecht BMW in Escondido,CA) Ben reported the car was very very clean and I had a experience bodyshop owner look over the car for me after it arrived and he reported absolutely no paintwork, no rust, no body work. Here is his review of the car. Interior is 100% perfect. And factory radio works 100% New OEM black floor mats included in sale.

- Fan shroud/expansion tank look new.
- Spare wheel is like-new, was maybe used once if that.
- Wired for cell phone & cd changer.
- Roller cargo cover in great shape.
- Cargo net in good shape.
- Original California DMV window sticker in trunk, stuck to back of
CD changer compartment cover. Shows original owner in Escondido,
which is 20 minutes north of San Diego. Car sold new 7/9/95.
- Headliner great
- All VIN#s on hood, doors, front fenders match.
-Seats must have been covered for a long time. Are in excellent ++
- Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S 225/60-15. All four match, in near-new
- A/C blows cold.
- Motor mounts great.
- Aux fan works.
- Idle very smooth.
- It did pass smog several weeks ago with flying colors,

The car looks very clean from the outside. The paint looks like it will buff out VERY nicely. I did a cursory paint inspection and as I used to do car detailing I have a good eye for these things -- it looks to be all original paint. Generally repaints are easy to spot for me, and this one looked original.

I didn't see any really major door dings.

The car was bought at Brecht BMW in Escondido. It looks to have lived it's whole life in San Diego, which I'm sure Carfax can corroborate. That is a good thing -- it means there is no rust. Sure enough, the undercarriage is very clean. I couldn't see any seeping at the headgasket. Car ran smoothly and did not indicate a headgasket problem at all, so I wasn't worried about that.
I didn't spot any other major leaks.
Transmission shifted fairly smoothly for 170k miles. I don't see the trans going bad anytime soon. Overall, I'm impressed in the condition.
I've always loved Alpine White cars and the late E34 wagons with all the extra white plastics are my favorites. If I had room for another project, I would consider picking this one up myself.

I think that about covers it.

I already have another similar (gold/tan) 1995 Touring I had swapped into a 5 speed and I really need the garage space. We recently moved from a Single Family to a Townhouse and space is limited. I hate the thought of spending money for storage this winter so I figured I would see if anyone might be interested in the car. I am not desperate to sell the car.

I am asking $3,600. obo with a full tank of Premium and new black OEM floor mats!

I also have a set of 18x8.5 and 18x10 Staggered Rondell 58’s I will sell for $1300.

Car is garaged in Attleboro, MA
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	white525iTfrtqtr.jpg
Views:	4947
Size:	150.6 KB
ID:	201426   Click image for larger version

Name:	white525itrear.jpg
Views:	3256
Size:	163.3 KB
ID:	201427   Click image for larger version

Name:	white525itside.jpg
Views:	547
Size:	154.1 KB
ID:	201428   Click image for larger version

Name:	white525ittrunk.jpg
Views:	2352
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	201429  

Last edited by andrewcconti; 10-24-2008 at 12:05 PM.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: