post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Apr 2008
Vehicle: 1992 400E
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
1992 400E - Maybe parting, trying to sell

I've got a 1992 400E, and recently slid on wet pavement into a car stopping at a green light.

Yea, I know. Anyways.

This destroyed my grill, front bumper, and did some damage to my headlamps. One bulb had the filament broken, and I replaced it, but the cover is still broken and gone, so no lights in the rain. Unless you want it to shatter of course. The other bulb works, and is watertight; still covered by it's glass. Both of the High Beams are exposed, but fully operational.

The hood won't go quite all the way, but firmly latches. It shuts and opens fine, and I see the problem to fix it, I just don't want to risk cracking something radiator related in the process, which I probably would with my level of mechanical prowess.

Not related to the accident:

The back left tail light got it's red plastic cover broken, and I picked up as much of it as I could. An then taped it on. Haha, it actually looks semi-acceptable.

The front passenger window may work sometimes, but then stop. I had it stuck down for 3 days 'til it decided to work for me.

The rear passenger window had to be forced down because someone locked my keys in my car, so it is not working, and will slowly jiggle it's way down during driving. I did some lousy work on it after removing the door panel involving some duct tape and a piece of wood so it won't fall down more then a few inches.

The interior needs some work, mostly the driver's seat's leather, and the vinyl(I think) lining all through the car.

And the odometer does not work. It stopped working at 201,606, and should now have around 210,000. The engine was rebuilt about 10 years ago, by Mercedes mechanics though, and I have papers on it along with years and years of other maintenance reports.

The center console has a few issues, but nothing serious or hurtful to functionality.

The passenger side visor, the armrest, and the 10 disc CD-change for the trunk are all removed, but intact in my possession.

Don't be scared though, it runs super well. Starts fine, and runs smooth. Even with all of its little problems, I don't want to sell it. I love it, and I would drive it to DEATH, but with gas prices, and the money I owe my parents, it's time to move on.

With all the damages and what not, I'd be happy to get a $1000 out of it. If I can see enough interest in parting it out to maybe reach $1000 or more that way, then I'll go with it.

I'm in 33810 Lakeland, Florida. Thanks.

Last edited by Andrew56; 09-03-2008 at 06:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in