post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Mar 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Arrow FS: 1985 300TD Wagon / Elsbett single-tank

1985 Mercedes 300TD with 243,000+ miles (San Francisco bay area) / $7,400

This vehicle is in excellent over-all shape and I have the photos and receipts to prove it.I will happily email you photos as well as the ph# of my Mercedes only mechanic.This isn't a thrashed "hippy"ed-out veggie mobile.Its a classic that happens to be converted to run on vegetable oil.
The Elsbett single-tank system was installed in October of 2003 and has been fueled with primarily SVO Canola oil (not WVO) since then, with some diesel used in the winter months.Although I've only fueled the car with un-used vegetable oil(SVO), the car can be run on WVO(waste vegetable oil).
18MPG city / 24MPG Hwy. .This will make a great car for a beginner to the SVO scene.I will be happy to show the purchaser of this car my fueling set-up, etc. , to make their transition to SVO as seamless as possible(What type of oil(s) to use and what oils to avoid, etc.)

Would you rather pay $4.50-$5.00/ gallon to fuel your current vehicle or own a car that you can fuel with very low or no cost waste vegetable oil?Let's say your current vehicle gets 20MPG and you drive 12,000 miles per year, which equals 600 gallons of fuel at $4.50/gallon.Thats $2,700/year!At 16,000 miles thats bumps up to $3,600/year!
I'm looking to upgrade to a newer Benz to get better MPG, to reduce my carbon footprint even further and give me more time between fuel-ups.
Except for oil changes and wheel alignments, the car has been worked on by a Mercedes only mechanic, for which I have all the receipts.
The car does have a third-row seat and a sunroof.
Elsbett, the manufacturer of the conversion kit, is the pioneer in the field of running diesel cars on vegetable oil, and has been doing so for about thirty years.They make the best over-all kit in the world!!!
Introduction - Elsbett AG
History - Elsbett AG

I will supply the V.I.N. for this car upon request.

Serious inquiries only.Price is somewhat negotiable.

Please contact Robert at: rdhowerth@yahoo.com

Last edited by Robert777; 06-16-2008 at 09:28 AM.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 07:53 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: May 2007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Posting your location would help...
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: