LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: May 2008
Vehicle: 2008 Mercedes Benz C300 sport
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
FS: 2008 Mercedes Benz C300 Sport (in Toronto)

Hi everyone, this is my first post on benzworld.org. I'm an avid car enthusiast (previously worked in the aftermarket parts industry) and have been driving and modifying various Nissan's for several years.

I recently won a 2008 Mercedes Benz C300 in a Canadian lottery, and I would like to sell it. As you guys know, there's currently a 6 month waiting list for this car. The car and myself are located in Toronto, Canada. Here are the specs:

- Mileage: never driven off the lot. The car is currently parked at a Mercedes dealership, but will soon be flat-bedded to my home's garage.
- Exterior colour: Calcite white.
- Interior fabric & colour: man-made black leather (heated front seats).
- Drivetrain: rear wheel drive.
- Motor: 3.0 litre V-6 (228 hp, 221 lb-ft).
- Headlights: HID Bi-Xenon headlamps
- Sunroof
- Full factory warranty

Optional packages included:
1) Sport Package: 17” wheels, all-season performance tires, sport suspension, AMG grille, front, side & rear skirts, larger brake calipers, cross drilled brake rotors, 3-spoke steering wheel, aluminum dash trim, aluminum gas & brake pedals.

2) 7G 7-speed automatic transmission (a $1500 option).

The picture below is the demo vehicle Mercedes Benz Canada used when I accepted the prize, but it is not the actual car I am selling. The actual car is parked at the dealership and has never been driven. If you are a serious buyer, I can either meet you at the Mercedes dealer where the car is, or you can see the car once it's been sent to my house. I will not give test-drives as I do not want to put mileage on it, especially since the car is new.

I'm selling it for $42,000.

08 C300 Sport
02 Nissan Maxima SE

Last edited by Nathan_in_TO; 06-12-2008 at 08:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 06:23 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
I've been receiving questions regarding taxes, so I thought I'd post this info up. Since the title has already transfered from Mercedes Canada, the car is technically considered second hand, therefore, you would only have to pay PST when registering the vehicle.

Addition info from the govt's website:
Buying and Selling a Used Vehicle in Ontario

08 C300 Sport
02 Nissan Maxima SE
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 08:17 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: 2000 Clk430
Nice prize you got there, but to save 2 grand and change to have a "new" benz that is not made to your specs, aswell as it having been titled already is not really inticing at all.. once its been titled it doest matter much if you put a few km on it... less the 40k would be ideal IMO

goodluck
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humplok View Post
Nice prize you got there, but to save 2 grand and change to have a "new" benz that is not made to your specs, aswell as it having been titled already is not really inticing at all.. once its been titled it doest matter much if you put a few km on it... less the 40k would be ideal IMO

goodluck
Thanks for your input. However, my price will offer the buyer more than a $2000 discount compared to buying the same model at Mercedes.

You will save $2400, plus taxes on the $2400, plus you won't have to pay GST on the purchase price since I'm a private seller. So the buyer says several thousand & gets the car within a day or so, instead of waiting 6+ months. I think that's fair.

In terms of it being titled to myself, I don't think a serious buyer would care, since the car is identical to a "new" C300 that you can purchase at a Mercedes dealer today (ie. never driven off the lot).

08 C300 Sport
02 Nissan Maxima SE

Last edited by Nathan_in_TO; 05-27-2008 at 09:33 PM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 07:48 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Vehicle: 2002 e430 sport
not bad for a free car!! but there is no 6mth waiting period here in the states.. they are quite available.. i dont know if mercedes cost more in canada but you can get that car here for less than 40k.. im not trying to hate.. but you will have to drop the price i think.
good luck to you..
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2008, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Thanks everyone. The car is now sold.

08 C300 Sport
02 Nissan Maxima SE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in