LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Apr 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
1979 300td Wagon with Manual Transmission

this is a 1979 300td (touring diesel (not turbo)) with manual 4 speed transmission. Manual windows and door locks. No Sunroof.

i've owned this wagon for about six years. the former owners father in-law imported this car. i have finally decided to sell my baby as i just cannot justify keeping anymore as for the past 3.5 years i mainly drove it to move it for street sweeping or the occasional trip to the southbay. if i had a place to keep it off street or unlimited cash supply for storage, i'd keep it forever.

I have the records from the previous owner totalling up to $11k+. the interior is in extremly good condition. no cracks in dash. drivers seat and visor restuffed. when i purchased this car i picked it up on my bicycle and the previous owner cringed when i put my bike in the back before driving it home. this was his baby, it was my baby (untill i became a father) and now i hope to pass it on to someone who can appreciate it.

This car runs really well, and i would not hesitate to drive it across country.

Has strong oil pressure at idle

Drivers seat is very firm because the previous owner had it restuffed as well as the sunvisor

during the time in which i owned the wagon:

new hatch struts (to keep the hatch open)

parking brake replaced

exhaust replaced

battery (2 months old)

issues:

• small leak in front passanger side brake cylinder. my mechanic diagnosed this for me and said it was not critical to fix right away (i guess he was right as its been two plus years since he said this and nothings changed). i just top it off the brake fluid once every couple months. This works for me because of the rarity in which i drive it. however if its going to be a daily driver for someone, this issue should be fixed.

• odometer does not work (milage unknown)

• smokes on start-up (goes away when warmed up)

• leaks a tiny bit of oil

• dash light works sometimes

• aftermarket AC does not work

Except for the occasional winter trip to tahoe, I have a ran this exclusivly on commercial produced ASTM b100 biodiesel for the entire time i have owned it. Its never seen SVO or WVO.

It is registered and title is in my name.

PRICE IS FIRM. $5,800 (or any offer above that)

Due to being a father of a two and half year old, i have extremly limited time in which i can show the car. Please ask all your questions upfront and preferably via email before setting up a time to view the car. I will be setting aside time to show the car on Wednseday evening and Saterday and Sunday mornings. If you will be viewing this car from outta town I can pick you up from Oakland airport.

I have a zipped file containing about 30 high res images. If interested i can email it to you. Keep in mind it is about 7 megs in size.

CAR is located in Oakland, CA

please email me if you are interested thanks
yingling.jason at yahoo.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in