post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: 1977 280se
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
BIG NA$TY W116 Genuine Euro Spec AMG 280SE FS

Hey, as I think I've announced in another thread, I'm currently trying to sell my 1977 280se as an e30 has been calling me for a while. Its silver with blue interior, some tiny rust starting on corner of doors, rest of body is straight with just a few pinhole dings. Black honeycomb AMG rims with the chrome lip 16 inches and as wide as a Vette tires. Has also: AMG steering wheel (needs reconditioned but all there and from what I've seen, I think it is fairly uncommon) the rubbery rear decklid spoiler still is black and in excellent shape, with one little wedge gouged out about a 1/4 inch in diamater, not deformed and nowhere near dried out. Has AMG side skirts, one of them has a small hole, if you painted it it'd be fine from 10 feet, or it'd be an easy repair. The rear skirt, diffuser whatever you call them is there, and also in pretty good shape considering its been behind those rear wheels without mud flaps for nearly 30 years. Front piece is long gone, the Benzino sits real low so I have no idea how it ever could have been attatched for more than a minute. Given how stiff and low it is, I would guess it had the AMG Suspension done, and it revs free and strong all the way up and pulls a lot harder than the other 280 I've driven, and I have no idea but my guess is it had the 2.7 NA dress up kit that AMG offered. Umm, everything works but rear light and defrost switches and heater blower is weak, has a cd player and interestingly enough, switches for electric (not working but I think its easy fix, don't take my word tho I really have no idea) and cranks, pretty cool. All the wood inside is in great shape and all teh seats except for the drivers are nice. Drivers is a little brown where asses have been for all these years and its a little floppy (springs kinda weak) but its comfy still and everybody loves sheepskins right? Dash top is nice, fit is a little off, think of any american car made in the nineties and its probably fitting better. Door panels are sweet, with wood. The day i bought it, the speedo cable got kinked or something, so the guy i bought it from just unhooked it, so speedo and odo need a new cable to work. Cable is still there and you can see it work, but prepare for a nasty squeal i think it got kinked inside the sheath. Umm, lights are euro, and super bright, bumpers are euro and painted black by amg. Grill is black too, but pretty jacked up, I've seen em go for like a C-note or less on ebay motors so not as bad as it seems I'm just lazy. Whole fuel injection system is new and i mean everything. New starter and battery, needs a cv boot joint or axle on right front (clicks on right turns when packed full of hotties) How does the song go? Brakes are good tires fair? well i'd say both are good on this mean machine. Anyway, this is a nasty old benzo that needs to get out of Minnesota and into a climate where it will flourish for many more years (I don't want this unique ride to rust away because I can't afford an extra garage) well whatever thats enough i'm thinkin 2 grand, shoot me an email or call leave a vm if no anwer 612 354 2190

ps. i'm not a dirt bag i just like to call this car big nasty and benzino and about 100 other pet names... cuz admit it, its downright disgustingly early 80s right? and thats probably why you want it, its why i traded for it straight up in the dark

Last edited by mck135; 03-05-2008 at 09:56 AM. Reason: added thumbnails
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 11:11 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: EURO 280CE
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to vipercrazy
thats an awesome ride, i would pick it up if i had a place for it.
very complete, very rare

if you can post a pick of the 2.8L

for sale: Car Domain 80 EURO 280CE M110.984 english red, white cloth interior 194k
daily driver: 93 toyota MR2, black 5spd non-turbo, may just have to remedy that
mopar: 62 chrysler newport 4DR white 361 V8, 36k miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in