Nice E320 Wagon, $4995 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-12-2008, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Aug 2007
Vehicle: 96 E300 Diesel, (crashed it 12/07) 83 TDT Wagon, 419K no joke, 02 Ford ZX2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Post Nice E320 Wagon, $4995

1995 Mercedes Benz E320 Wagon. Green metallic with tan leather interior, Dual air bags, 3rd seat, heated front seats with power and memory, A/C, cruise, Power Sunroof, traction control, fog lights, central locking with passive alarm (lock 1 door and they all lock including fuel door).
17-25 MPG

190xxx miles. General condition of the car I would put between Good to Excellent. My price for a quick sale: $4995, Kelley blue book prices: EC $6030, GC $5430, NADA clean retail: $6175, High retail $7275.

Don’t let the miles bother you! This car runs like new! I’ve seen this era wagon for sale with 273K and 284K (and they wanted more $$$). These cars can go 300K plus! Super clean inside and out. Plenty powerful 7 passenger hauler.

I bought this car just a couple months ago after I slid my ’96 E300D (diesel) right into a pole (1st ice storm of the winter). I was planning to swap the diesel from the wreck into this car. However, I later learned that it would be very difficult, if not impossible, given the difference in design. So I ended up trading the wreck for an old school diesel wagon. I don’t need two wagons so this one is going.
Then about a month ago I got rear-ended. So you’ve got a professionally installed and painted front (I got pushed into the car in front of me) and rear bumper, grille, molding, etc. I also had them touch up any scratch or ding they could find. So the body is nearly flawless.
This car definitely had some issues when I bought it. The rear hydraulic bags (part of rear suspension) have been replaced. New MAF sensor. Four brand new tires, less than 1000 miles on them (winter tires, I didn’t want to slide into any more poles!!!). Plus I kept the ‘96’s 16” rims which will bolt right on. (Available only at the asking price of $4995 with very little wiggle room) and you’ll need new tires for the 16s, because A) they’re almost toast, and B) they’re the wrong size to work properly on this car.
The shop I took the car to after I drove it home from Cincinnati is Robert’s Automotive, here in Springfield, IL. They're a used Mercedes dealer and repair shop. Bob gave the car a good once over and said that the wiring harness had been updated. No leaks from the rear of the valve cover (a common problem), a small leak from the timing chain cover. Also a common problem but he said not to worry about it ‘cuz you can change that gasket a dozen times and it will still leak. He also said it looked like the ball joints and steering linkage had been replaced as well. He did all the work mentioned above plus changed the transmission fluid, filter and gasket, and replaced a couple other odds and ends (brake light switch, intake tube gasket, cabin and air filter)

Those who want the car for the asking price of $4995 get an alignment (a very slight pull to the right), the extra 16” wheels, an oil change and new oil pressure sending unit, (gauge stays pegged). Plus a full tank of premium gas.

Other than the above mentioned oil pressure gauge and slight pull the car is tip-top for it’s age. You’d be hard pressed to find a better one, especially for this price.

Give me a call or email for any questions or more pics. 217-241-2881
Thanks, Wally
Nice E320 Wagon, 95-gedc0055-1.jpg

Nice E320 Wagon, 95-gedc0056-2.jpg

Nice E320 Wagon, 95-gedc0057-3.jpg

Nice E320 Wagon, 95-gedc0058-4.jpg
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 07:34 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Oct 2007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Is this still available?
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: