FS: 1983 White 500SL w/less than 40k miles! - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 08:25 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Jan 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
FS: 1983 White 500SL w/less than 40k miles!

Excuse the advertisement-like post. I figured it was easier to post/copy the detailed description I used on other sites rather than try and type it all out again. That said, this was my Uncle's car. He passed away a year ago and I'm trying to sell it for my Aunt since she lives out in the sticks of CO and never wants to drive it on the dirt or icy roads (depending on time of year). It's been garaged it's entire life and is in great shape. Anyway, here's the info. Please let you know if you're interested. (and in case you're worried this is a scam to get you to call a dealership or something...I'm an engineer working in a completely non-automotive related industry here in Scottsdale..and the name is Pat) I will post pictures tonight (damn firewall).

White 1983 Mercedes 500SL convertible, navy leather interior,
wood panels, white hard top, navy rag top, fully loaded!
Mileage less than 39,850 original miles.
2 owners, garaged in Colorado and California, just transported to Phoenix, AZ.
Electric hard top lifter included.
Exceptionally maintained.
Husband deceased, no need for his toy.
Asking $17k or best offer.

This beautiful car has been garaged for it's entire life and is in like-new condition. There is absolutely no oxidation on the paint, and both the outside and interior look brand new. Everything on the car is original. The only thing that does not work properly on the car is cruise control and I just haven't had time to get it looked at. It runs great, with less than 39,800 miles on it, and is one of the most comfortable little sports convertibles I've ever driven. It's a gray-market car that came direct from Germany. All manuals are included written in both German and English. This car has been well taken care of. It's a true classic and one you're rarely to come by in the states.

Radio buttons are all in German

Last edited by seven95; 01-31-2008 at 11:12 PM. Reason: added pictures
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-26-2008, 10:27 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 1987 300SDL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
That is very tempting. Is it still available?
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: