I am sadly selling my 1982 300SD Turbodiesel Sedan because my needs have changed and I am now searching for an all wheel drive small suv or wagon. Here are the specs...
- Uncommon black and silver exterior in excellent condition, only paint issues are minor sun fading on the A-pillars, some minor flaking of the clear coat on the doors, a few typical small dents/dings and scratches, NO RUST, overall the exterior is as nice as it gets for a 25 year old car
- Brand new black/silver leather look vinyl match interior (it used to have black leather, but the leather had rotted out from 25 years of sun exposure)
- Three owners (Lease in CA from 1982 to 1985, 2nd owner bought the car off lease in 1985 and lived in CA until 2000 when he moved to CO and had the car until I bought it from him in August 2007)
- 222k mostly highway miles (or an average of 8,880 miles per year over the last 25 years)
- New transmission and tires in 2002 at 219k (2nd owner parked car a month after he did the transmission/tire replacement, drove it around the block once a month until he sold it to me), transmission and tires have approximately 3k miles on them
- 14 inch OEM alloys are in excellent condition, NO CURB RASH!
- new glow plugs and injector lines, October 2007
- replaced injector, heater switches, rear window clips and cruise control module, January 2008
- gets 22 mpg in the city, 26 mpg combined and 30 mpg on the highway with a near 600 mile range on long road trips
- amazingly still has original hood star and trunk emblem!
The not so good:
- Wood trim is cracked/delaminating and will need to be replaced
- Slight rattle in the area of the sunroof which I or my mechanic have been unable to locate the source of
- windows need to be tinted to complete the 'gangster' effect
This black beauty is in amazing shape for its age, drives quietly and smoothly down the road, and is ready for a new and loving owner!
I bought the car back in August, the private party value was $4,000 but
I got it for $2,000 due to the minor mechanical and interior issues. I've invested $2,000 in the car since then with the new interior and the mechanical work, and due to the fact these cars are becoming increasingly hard to find, especially in the color combination and condition as good as mine is in, I am asking $5,000 or best offer. I am located 80 miles northeast of Denver, and if a serious buyer wants to fly in, I would be willing to meet you at Denver International Airport with the car.
I also have this car up for sale locally and have already gotten several calls on it, so if you would like to own a classic black Mercedes sedan that gets amazing fuel mileage and is ready for another 220,000 miles, just PM me or call me on my cell phone at 970-768-7989!
I will try and post some photos tonight.
Thanks for looking!