Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

AMG Monoblock Aero II 18" staggered wheels with tires!

5K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  SL FIZZLE 
#1 · (Edited)
Full set of staggered 18x8 and 18x9 AMG Monoblock Aero II wheels with full set of Kuhmo Ecsta Supra 712 high performance tires. These are not the cheaper knockoff replicas! These are original AMG rims off my 1998 SL500 Sport. The driver’s side is original to the car, the passenger’s side rims were replaced in 5/2005 due to pothole damage. The original rims has some road rash, the new ones have one minor rash on the front rim. I didn’t even notice it until I took the photos today for this ad. The front tires were on the car when I purchased it in 3/2005 and have plenty of tread left. The rears were replaced on 3/15/2005 and are still like new.

On 7/1/2005 I purchased new 19” chrome rims and tires. The AMGs and Kuhmos were taken off and stored in my office at that time in bags until 12/05 when I put them back on the car during its winter storage. They were then taken off again in 4/2006 and stored in my office again in bags. They have been here in the office ever since 4/2006 as I did not put them back on in winter of 2006 or 2007 because I got tired of swapping just to store the car. Therefore the rear tires are still brand new of course. They were $179.00 each. Rears are 275/35/ZR18. Fronts are 245/40/ZR18. During the time they were on the car from 3/15/05 – 7/01/05 I was working out of town so I barely drove the car at all! I had a traveling job that required me to be out of town months at a time that I just quit in 4/07. To give you an idea of how little this car has been driven, I purchased the car on 3/2/05 with 50,877 miles on it. As of 1/7/08 the car has 63,274 miles. That’s 12,397 miles in almost 3 years!! And the rear tires were only driven on for maybe a total of 4 or 5 months!

Photos of tires and rims are included. More upon request. I have all receipts as well. I can prove any of the above statements made upon request. I am asking $2,500.00 for the full set of rims and tires plus shipping via UPS. I will also consider reasonable offers.

I live in Chicago area and travel to Detroit and Cleveland areas often and can deliver them if you are within those routes or if you want to meet me at those locations. You may also arrange to pick them up. Serious inquiries only please.
$2000 OBO

BARTELL
708-790-7626
BTELL69@YAHOO.COM

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Plenty of fake AMG wheels on Ebay! lol
You can always use PayPal to have some type of dispute resolution if need be. That the only thing i can think of unless you know someone here in the states who can pick them up.
If you are buying from the UK and shipping is outrageous i would be willing to discount the wheels a lil bit.

#8 ·
Well mine will be going on Ebay if they are not sold by end of next week. I have had several bites since i just put the add up 2 nights ago. This was 2 my surprise since the price is what it is. But if you really think about it, that 1 rear rim alone brand new was $885.00w/o tax in 2005. Both of those rims are still brand spankin new as you can see. This package brand new w/o tax would cost you almost $4k!
Im willing to take reasonable offers as the add states.

Happy hunting!!

Anyone know where i can get a passenger side tow hook cover and splash guard for less than $400!!! lol

#11 ·
Well first thing you need to do is find out what offset your standard wheels are then translate this to the 18" wheels so you at least get the right size to start with.

No good steaming in buying a set to find they are snagging the inner arches or sticking out 30mm beyond the arches.

I would suggest 17" are actually better and more suitable for the vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.