BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1982 300D
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 123euroowner
(Thread Starter)
FS: 1982 300DT

Im interested in selling my 1982 300D, Im the second owner of this vehicle, and have treated it well since I had it. Only 105k miles, it runs like a charm. Gets good mileage (375-400 to a tank) and is sweet on the highway. Its 904 dark blue color, and palomino interior are in good shape.

Since I had it, I have replaced/maintained
All filters last month
The turbocharger
Drive belts
Water pump
Fuel tank lines $20
The shocks all around $300
The exhaust $400
The springs $320
The bumpers $200
The headlights $200
Added rear headrests $30
The climate control unit $50
Fixed the tach -
The carpeting -
Updated the audio system $300
Pulled the window regulators, degreased, and re lubed them
Pulled most of the electrical connectors out, and coated them with electrical grease.
Sunroof cleaned up and re lubed
Changed the seal on the rear window $100

The body:
For a car from the North east, this car was garaged most of its life. Floors are solid, and have no evidence of rusting or bubbling. The trunk is also in good shape, The well has no rust, and has been undercoated to ensure its solidity for years to come. The smaller wells on the side are also tight. Rocker panels are in good shape, and theres no rust on or around the jack points. The paint is in over all good shape, and all original except for the driver and driver rear door, where I was hit. The paint was matched well, and is hardly noticeable. The doors were only damaged, the pillar was not affected. The hood needs to be aligned, thanks to the garage door. The front right fender below the bumper is beginning to rust, but is also hardly noticeable. Behind the rear left wheel, theres some paint flaking. For a 25 year old car its not at all in bad shape.

The interior:
The driver seat doesn't sag, theres some wear on the backrest from getting in and out. Armrest is in good shape also. Passenger seat is in good condition with no tears or blemishes. Backseat is also in good shape. Theres 2 tears on it, but are relatively small. Has no broken springs or horse hair degradation. I added rear headrests which added to the comfort and safety of this vehicle. Door panels are in good condition all around, the drivers side is a little worn, but not torn or damaged. The pocket on that side is broken, and still on the door. Other door pocket is fine also. Originally the car was equipped with loop style carpeting, which was nice, but I knew couldn't withstand wear well, so I found a 240D, with velour carpeting, and installed of over the old carpets, they are not glued but stay in place well, and keep the ones underneath protected. I have all the pieces I took out in a bag, so it can be changed if desired. Headliner is in nice shape with no tears or sag. Wood grain dashboard is in good shape, and the dash itself is in great condition, the Climate control sensor has a small split above and below it.

Options:
Power windows operate without trouble
Power sunroof is trouble free
Climate control works
A/c compressor works well with R12, but has a small leak somewhere in the system, Charges usually last 2-3 months, before a lack of cooling preformance is noticeable. Heat is fine.
Rear defroster works well
Power antenna gave me problems, so I removed it and installed a Hirschmann manual equivalent.
Courtesy lights work as they should
Cigarette lighter works
Cruise control operates, but needs servicing, its not a smooth hold of constant speed.
Vacuum door locks work, but sometimes exclude the driver rear door, and wont lock / unlock.

Engine:
105k on original engine. Oil changed every 3k. I adjusted the valves at 100k. Injectors and pump are operating fine, and filters are new. Water pump is new, as are the drive belts. Coolant is from MB, and is clear, not the green stuff. Turbo charger was replaced at 96k on my way to Florida ($3,200).

Transmission:
722.315. I just serviced it myself, costing over $100. I fully drained it (converter and pan), installed a Wix filter, and 7 quarts of MB tranny fluid ($14.99 a quart). It may need a new Vacuum control valve, as it sometimes flairs, and needs adjustment periodically.

Drive shaft:
No vibrations or noises here

Steering System:
Fluid and filter were replaced at 100k, has no leaks or noises. The tierod ends are shot, and need to be changed, which will be done before the car is sold.

Exhaust system:
I changed the exhaust system from the end of the down pipe off the motor, to the back of the car. The downpipe is going and is making some noise.

I made this car look like a euro. I put the headlamps, the bumpers and the rear headrests in to make it look as it was designed to. All parts are in good condition, and I have both sets of euro lights (round and square) with the city lights connected. Also has hubbies instead of bundts (a recent change).

Im selling this car because I found an S500 I liked. The 300D has never let me down, and it was my first MB. Its a really reliable car, and gets good mileage. When I get her a nice wash I will take some new pictures . Also I will be selling a 250 model 123 in the next few weeks only has 69k on her. Ill add some old pictures for now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-197F.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	152908   Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-194F.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	152909   Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-168S.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	152910   Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-166S.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	152911   Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-177S.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	152912  

Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-138S.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	152913   Click image for larger version

Name:	300DBackseat.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	152914  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 10:43 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: w201,w124,w126
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
very beautiful car, i'm probably gonna get one of these for my kid sister next year when she turns 16
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-12-2007, 06:39 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Dec 2005
nice car... read everything but the price.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-12-2007, 07:51 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: '77 6.9, 74 240D, 96 Ram 5.9L Cummins, 02 Civic EX, 10 Mazda 5 Sport
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
FYI when you're posting Mercedes Benz never used "DT" nomenclature. It's "300D" for nonturbo and "300D Turbo" if people are searching ads. The wagons had "TD" designations for turbocharged and normal versions.

How much is the asking price?

1977 - W116 - 6.9
1974 - W115 - 240D /8 - 4(M) OM617.910 + Turbo + 300D FW - Completed 7/8/10
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-12-2007, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1982 300D
Send a message via AIM to 123euroowner
(Thread Starter)
I was looking up prices, and seems like anywhere between 4,5oo and 5k for it. I dont want to sell it. Id like to hear some input on a price here. Make an offer or something...Id rather see it go to good people, who I know will take care of it
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 12:23 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: w201,w124,w126
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Its really a beautiful car, I can't emphasise that anymore.
The turbo diesel makes it even more attractive. If i was drunk one night i might even make you an offer. But i really shouldnt buy another car now. There is already a honda and a 190E on the driveway.

Funny thing is, I am also planning to buy either a S55 AMG or a S500 (2003-2004). But then i shouldn't because I really dont need a fancy new car. I'm more for the classics + i need to buy a house soon.

I am tempted to offer you a trade for my 1993 190E 2.3l . But i recently spent $3k on new parts and the car is gleaming with new life right now. So i don't know about that.

I swear I'm gonna buy one of these turbo diesels one day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in