Rear seat back and bench - 1986 W126 light grey - 4 door - Dallas TX - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Nov 2005
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Rear seat back and bench - 1986 W126 light grey - 4 door - Dallas TX

Well, I pulled the rear back seat out of storage that I bought from Silverstar Recycling (Rancho Cordova, CA) way back in 2004 off ebay and spent my ENTIRE Saturday cleaning them up, slathering them leather cleaner / conditioner and buffing then to a nice shine. I pulled out the rear seat of my 84 300sd and found out the seat back bracket is different - ARGH! My wife was more dissapointed than I as the leather is AMAZING on these seats.

So here is the scoop. My invoice says it was pulled from an 86 4 door 560. THEY ARE HEATED (only thing the electrical connectors could be - right?)!!! As you see they have headrests as well.

The seats have some wrinkled in the leather at the moment as I had some other things stacked on top of them when in storage. I think they will come out with time. There are no tears, busted seams or worn out spots. Look like less than 50K miles of wear. PM if your interested - $350 and it's yours not counting shipping (hopefully someone in Dallas area?). Might sound a little steep, but when you see the condition of the leather, you'll know it's a real score. I you can't pick them up, give me some time to figure out the best way to pack & ship.

<<<PRICE DROP - NOW $250>>>

I think I could have tweaked the brackets on the seat back to make them fit my 1984, but I just didn't have the heart as this piece was so damn nice. Notice that the seat belts tuck into the center arm rest - mine don't do this (1984) - if yours don't, don't gamble on a fit.

There are three conical plastic pins located at the top of the back (SEE PIC) - my 84 doesn't have these pins - make sure your uses them (I assume it came after 1984).

The leather is supple all over (in contrast my rear seat back near the rear shelf is as hard as cardboard from too much sun!). Tag looks like Feb 1986 produciton. PM if interested, or email bodyart27@aol.com.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	arm1.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	152332   Click image for larger version

Name:	back1.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	152333   Click image for larger version

Name:	back of back1.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	152334   Click image for larger version

Name:	detail21.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	152335   Click image for larger version

Name:	clip.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	152336  

Click image for larger version

Name:	tag.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	152337   Click image for larger version

Name:	bottom1.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	152338  

Last edited by bodyart27; 01-03-2008 at 02:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 07:49 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: too many
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Are your back seats reclining? I found the same thing while shopping at a junkyard - the seats look the same but the setup is different - the 3 hooks you refer to are for the holes in the tracks of the reclining rear seats, while fixed rear bench seats have brackets/hooks that the seatback slides into. For future reference, you'll want to watch out for that. All seats seem to have come with the heated seat connectors in case your car had the wiring to hook them up. Good luck on your sale.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-04-2007, 07:12 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
reclining

Is that what the posts are for? Good to know.... I never saw the donor car.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
PRICE DROP - NOW $250

Well, I'm trying to avoid taking this up to the attic along with the xmas tree... anyone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in