FS: 1998 MERCEDES BENZ SL500 MINT 2 TOPS EISENMANN EXHAUST - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1998 Triple Black SL500
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Talking FS: 1998 MB SL500 MINT 2 TOPS EISENMANN EXHAUST RESERVE ON EBAY IS 15,995!!!!!!!!!!!

ON 12/4/07 2:25 PM EST, I LOWERED THE RESERVE. THE RESERVE IS NOW AT $15,995. KBB VALUES THE CAR AT $18,930 IN GOOD CONDITION. NOTE: THIS KBB VALUE DOES NOT INCLUDE THE ECU TUNING CHIP OR THE EXHAUST. THE ONLY REASON I AM POSTING THE RESERVE PRICE IS BECAUSE I WISH TO SELL THE CAR ASAP. I JUST BOUGHT MY REPLACEMENT CAR OVER THE WEEKEND AND AS SUCH, I NEED TO SELL THIS CAR. THE CAR IS IN GREAT CONDITION AS YOU CAN SEE BELOW AND I AM WILLING TO WORK ON THE PACKAGE PRICE FOR THE WHEELS/TIRES/CALIPERS/ROTORS IF YOU DESIRE.

Here you have a rare triple black, CARFAX certified, 1998 Mercedes Benz SL500 in excellent showroom condition for $17,495. It is equipped with the well-renowned M119 engine producing 315 HP and 345 foot-pounds of torque. Many say that the best SL drivers are 1996-1998, which have the quad-cam engines and the 5-speed transmission, both of which fall under the classification of a Real Mercedes, not a watered down Daimler-Chrysler.

The features that come on the car include a strong auto climate A/C system, power windows, locks, mirrors, and even a fully powered soft-top. It also has the factory Bose sound system which includes the AM/FM stereo, tape player, and even a CD changer which holds 6 compact discs at a time. The factory hardtop is also with the car, whereas most R129 SL500s selling today don’t have both factory tops available. Both tops are in good condition (soft-top has normal wear), mainly because this car is a weekend driver and is garaged most of the time.

Along with the above features, the SL500 also is equipped with keyless entry (two remotes/keys), cruise control, dual power seats with memory settings, premium black leather, ABS and ASR, telescoping steering wheel, front and side air bags, hardtop rear window defroster, headlight wipers, a mint condition wind screen/deflector, and all the factory manuals, booklets, and tools.

Since having the car, I have performed several modifications.

First and foremost I installed an Eisenmann Racing Performance 2x83mm (Round) Exhaust. I purchased this exhaust from Germany for $1,649 earlier this year. When installing the exhaust, I had the resonator removed and installed custom high-quality piping from the catalytic converters to the exhaust which added a cost of $350 on top, summing up to $2,000. Eisenmann claims an increase of about 6.25% in horsepower, meaning the HP rating would be 334.7 HP. These are videos up on YouTube of the exhaust on my car, mind you that these videos were taken not too long after the exhaust was installed, meaning the exhaust is louder now because it has been broken in - just type in Eisenmann Racing Exhaust R129, it's also under my youtube username - hirensurti.

I have also installed a custom ECU Performance Tuning Chip manufactured by SpeedInnovations. The chip provides 18 rear wheel horsepower, meaning 22.5 HP to the crank when taking a 20% loss, and 20 foot-pounds of torque to the wheels, meaning 25 foot-pounds of torque to the crank; all in all this leaves the car with 337.5 HP and 372 foot-pounds of torque. However, with the exhaust, the HP at the crank is actually increased by 6.25%, so 358.59 HP. This chip was purchased for $1,000, not including installation.

I am an active forum member here on Mercedes-Benz Forum, and while there I observed a common problem that a lot of SL owners were having – the two hydraulic cylinder/locks that hold down the soft-top at the head of the front windshield tend to leak hydraulic fluid. As a safeguard, I decided to replace both of these locks for a total of $300 for parts to prevent this from ever happening. As such, the soft-top system is in perfect working condition and the hydraulic pump has been tested by a Mercedes dealer to make sure it is effectively outputting the correct PSI.

Three minor modifications that I have made include the Chrome Gauge Rings, which can be bought on eBay for $50, K&N High Performance Air Filters, which can be bought for $80, and Updated Tail Light Lenses, which update the rear to look like a 1999-2002 SL500, which can be bought for $300.

When I bought the car, it had the stock 16-inch wheels, and so I decided to buy the 5-spoke AMG 18-inch wheels for $1,600, which you can see in the picture. Also, during this past month, I purchased a brand new set of Bridgestone Potenza tires (245/40ZR18 front and 275/35ZR18 rear) for $825 from Tire Rack. THESE BRAND NEW TIRES AND AMG WHEELS ARE NOT INCLUDED WITH THE CAR. I am selling the car with the stock 16-inch wheels and the tires that came with it, which need to be replaced. If you wish the buy the 18-inch AMG wheels and the brand new Bridgestones, I will sell them to you for an additional cost of $1,800 + shipping.

Also what you will see in some of the pictures are cross-drilled rotors and Brembo brake calipers in the front. After getting the car, I decided to upgrade all the rotors to the Silver Arrow Edition (special edition SL) cross-drilled rotors which are significantly larger than stock and for that I also had to upgrade my calipers. In the front I replaced both calipers with Brembo calipers and large Mercedes calipers in the rear. All in all, without installation, this custom job ran above $2,300 to accomplish. The rotors alone total $800 from the Mercedes dealer. HOWEVER, I HAVE UNINSTALLED THESE CALIPERS AND ROTORS AND THEY ARE NOT INCLUDED WITH THE CAR. I am selling the car with the stock calipers and rotors. If you wish to buy the Silver Arrow cross-drilled rotors and the Brembo and Mercedes Calipers, I will sell them to you for an additional cost of $1,500 + shipping.

If you wish to buy the Bridgestone Potenza tires, the 5-spoke AMG 18-inch wheels, AND the Silver Arrow cross-drilled rotors and Brembo and Mercedes Calipers, I will sell them to you for an additional cost of $2,600 + shipping.

The only damage according to CARFAX that has occurred to the vehicle is to the front grill. A pick-up reversed into the front of the car when parallel parking damaging ONLY the grill, and as such, I reported this to the police, which was then documented on CARFAX. As such, his insurance company replaced the entire grill instead of just replacing the damaged slats of the grill. The total cost of the brand new grill was $800. The front bumper or hood was not affected at all. In addition, while in a parking lot, a woman parked beside me opened her door and put a ding in my fender so I had my fender redone. This, too, was claimed with insurance, however it is not on CARFAX because CARFAX only updates twice a year; it is only out of sheer honesty that I am revealing this information.

All in all, the car is in excellent showroom condition and drives like a beauty. The interior is just as pristine as the exterior and it has certainly become a modern classic over the years. The car currently has 82,409 miles which will increase, but not by much since the car is not being driven most of the time. The vehicle is being sold as-is, where-is and no warranty is expressed or implied. All of the service documents during my ownership can be provided on request.

For more information regarding the car and/or additional packages (Tires, Wheels, Rotors & Calipers), please contact Hiren C. Surti by cell phone: 973-800-5291 or by email: hiren.c.surti@gmail.com.

This car is also posted on eBay, and will be available to search sometime tonight. Just type in: 1998 SL500 EISENMANN and there are also more pictures available there.

Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sl500_3.jpg
Views:	2459
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	151161   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1599.JPG
Views:	1093
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	151162   Click image for larger version

Name:	PB160044.jpg
Views:	988
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	151163   Click image for larger version

Name:	PB160047.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	151164   Click image for larger version

Name:	PB160060.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	151165  

Last edited by hiren; 12-04-2007 at 01:21 PM. Reason: lowered reserve price
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 12:13 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
ebay item number is 290186134140
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 01:42 AM

Date registered: Nov 2004
Vehicle: E55 ///AMG
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
^^Thank you for following the rules here at FS Section by not linking the external site. Good luck on the sale & a big BUMP for you!

-JOE55

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 10:38 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Apr 2007
Vehicle: 1991 Mercedes 560SEL
bump for a nice sounding car
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
bump
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-01-2007, 11:21 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2007
Vehicle: 1999 mercedes benz c43
will your muffler fit my c43 amg?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-04-2007, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by svt ricco View Post
will your muffler fit my c43 amg?
I don't know whether or not it will fit but I am not selling the exhaust separately.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-04-2007, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
LOWERED RESERVE PRICE ON EBAY

ON 12/4/07 2:25 PM EST, I LOWERED THE RESERVE. THE RESERVE IS NOW AT $15,995. KBB VALUES THE CAR AT $18,930 IN GOOD CONDITION. NOTE: THIS KBB VALUE DOES NOT INCLUDE THE ECU TUNING CHIP OR THE EXHAUST. THE ONLY REASON I AM POSTING THE RESERVE PRICE IS BECAUSE I WISH TO SELL THE CAR ASAP. I JUST BOUGHT MY REPLACEMENT CAR OVER THE WEEKEND AND AS SUCH, I NEED TO SELL THIS CAR. THE CAR IS IN GREAT CONDITION AS YOU CAN SEE BELOW AND I AM WILLING TO WORK ON THE PACKAGE PRICE FOR THE WHEELS/TIRES/CALIPERS/ROTORS IF YOU DESIRE.

EBAY ITEM NUMBER: 290186134140
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in