Due to the arrival of my 1994 E420, I am forced to sell my 1983 300SD. This car has truly been great to me and I hope it can do the same for it’s next owner. I will try to describe the car as best as I can.
1983 300SD Turbo-diesel
Exterior Color: Silver
Interior Color: Dark Blue MB Tex
European Headlights (not Euro model)
Mileage: 275,000 (Odometer was malfunctioning, adding miles at 3 times the correct rate. This was easy to calculate based on highway mile markers and the fact that I was getting about 1200 miles per tank.) Miles are mostly highway going from Chicago to Michigan.
I am the third owner. Purchased from second owner in Chicago at 175,000 miles. Second owner purchased from first owner in California.
· New Battery
· New Alternator
· Very recent Tires (Michelins)
· Very recent Brake Rotors and Pads (all 4 wheels)
· Recent Glow Plugs, Relay
· Recent Shocks (Bilsteins) and Springs (all 4 wheels)
· Recent Steering Box and Tie Rods
· CD/MP3 receiver (in dash)
· Nardi Mahogany 3-Spoke Steering Wheel
· Zebrano Wood Shift Knob and Console Box
· Headliner is in excellent condition
· All power windows work
· Engine and Transmission are in excellent running order
· Oil and filters were changed regularly
All work done by Mercedes Technicians using Original Mercedes parts.
· Front driver’s side control arm, idler arm need to be replaced (vibration can be felt at certain speeds). I have the parts for this, but have not had the work done.
· Automatic climate control system not working properly (no auto, low fan); A/C still blows cold and heat blows warm. I have a great used head unit (in dash) for the climate control system, but have not had it installed.
· Power driver and passenger seats do not move in all directions. All the motors work, you can hear them running, but they are not on the track correctly.
· Cruise does not work. The computer was replaced (new) and the cruise worked for a while, but the actuator (under the hood) needs to be replaced as well.
· Power locks don’t work. Probably a leak in a vacuum line.
· Dash has a few cracks; wear on drivers seat; no cargo nets on the backs of the seats. Passenger and rear seat are in great condition.
· Few small rust spots, mostly on the face of the car, near the headlights; nothing major (undercarriage is clean).
I have tried to describe this car as accurately and as honestly as possible. It still looks good and the ride is pure Benz both on and off the highway. As many on here already know, the legendary 5-cylinder iron block diesel under the hood has barely been broken in with this mileage and has the ability to be driven well over 500,000 miles.
The car is currently located in the NW suburbs of Chicago.
Also, for sale I have a complete, non-running engine for this car (5-cylindar turbo-diesel). I do not know why the engine does not run. It was removed from a non-running 1984 300SD. Engine comes with the engine stand it is currently bolted to. Let me know if you are interested in this. Located at the same location as the car, local pickup is recommended – freight for this could get quite pricey.
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
with any questions, etc. Thanks!