Extended Warranty Group Purchase - Any Interest? - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 12:46 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2004
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Extended Warranty Group Purchase - Any Interest?

Many of you know I am an MB enthusiast, and always have at least one as a personal driver. The folks over on the W126 forum can vouch for me. But I also sell warranties, and this leads me to the reason for this post.

First, if this is a violation of the terms of the board, let me know and I will delete it and not mention it again. Second, while I did a lot of my own research, I am certainly not infallible, nor can I predict the future, so please by all means do your own homework as well.

I have been on the hunt for another extended warranty company in addition to Great Lakes, who I've sold for a couple of years. I spoke to over twenty of the top extended warranty companies, finally settling on three. I met with all of them, and selected one both to offer to people that buy cars from me, and to spend my own money on as well.

The company is Independent National Dealer Services, based in Long Island, NY. You can find out more about them at Interstate National Dealer Services. I met with their reps, spoke to the BBB about claims history, and spoke to shops that have been reimbursed by them for claims. They have been in business for over twenty years, and have a history of resolving or attempting to resolve disputes fairly. The consensus opinion on their claims payment is that they are a very honest and fair company to work with, and none of the shops I spoke with stated that they were unhappy with their experiences with them. That's about as much as you can ask for I think.

They have various plans, covering cars up to 19 years old with up to 125K miles, ranging from short-term powertrain only protection with payout caps to long-term exclusionary "bumper to bumper" new-car type plans, and everything in between.

I post this because as a new agent for them, I want to show my value and provide warranties for people that, in my opinion, offer good coverage at excellent prices. I have all the breakdowns of term, miles, surcharges and options (turbo, no deductible, etc), and other items. If you contact me at brucem105_AT_comcast.net, and let me know the specifics on your car, I will give you a quote for the various coverages that apply.

The quote will be only 10% over my cost to cover calls, FedEx, faxes, etc., at least for the people that mention this post and the forum it came from. Most warranty dealers charge from 100-200% over cost. BW members have helped me enough over the years with my car questions, so this is the least I can do! Like most companies, they exclude pre-existing conditions, and look extra-carefully upon (although they do not automatically deny) claims made within the first 30 days or 1K miles.

In my research, this is the best I can find for the combination of coverage and price offered. I do not claim they are the best, but if you would like to get a quote to compare against the other companies you are reviewing, feel free to email.

A few things that are very important about them:

1. They will allow for dealer parts and labor charges, with no specific cap on the labor rate. This is critical with newer MBs that many times require dealer knowledge, access to components, etc. But of course you're free to go to your personal mechanic as well.

2. They pay authorized claims directly to the shop with a corporate credit card, so no out-of-pocket and then waiting for a reimbursal check.

3. They will transfer and even refund the pro-rated warranty if canceled, even if claims have been filed. Try finding that with other companies...very rare!

4. They are licensed to do business in CA, NY, and FL. CA especially is VERY difficult, as they require insurance company type reserves, full auditing disclosure, etc. They are D&B rated as well. So no fly-by-night stuff with INDS.

5. I'll quote standard pricing, but if I get six people together, I will get discounts I can offer starting at $150 per warranty, and ranging up to $300 depending on volume and type of plans.

Only downside is they do not cover AMG models...and as a guy with two W126 AMG cars, that's a bummer personally, so very sorry about that! Just need to know model, year, and mileage in your email to me to give you an accurate quote.

Thanks.

brucem105_AT_comcast.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in