LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz 1987 126 300se.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Wanted - Chrome bumper quarters for 1987 w126 300se.

Good evening all, (In my end of the world anyway).
I wonder if anyone can help. Im basically looking to tidy up a couple of parts on my 126, and one of these is the continuous problem of rust on the corners of the bumpers chrome sections.
Living in the UK means that I have to put up with a lot of duff weather, namely a lot of rain, cold and damp conditions, and over the years of enjoyment of my lovely beast, rust has started to build up on the corner sections of both the front and rear chrome bumper parts causing cracking and bubbling.
This is a consistent problem for 126s inside the UK, and they all rust in the same place, therefore it is becoming extremely difficult, almost impossible to source chrome quarters which are in good condition with no rust. They all suffer from the same problem.
Im basically wondering if anyone has any of these chrome quarters for either front or rear, possibly either both which they have as a spare or they are planning to sell from breaking a 126. I am really keen to sort this problem out as its one of the very few things that needs doing to bring her back up to the condition she deserves.
Id be really interested to hear from anyone who has parts like this and whereabouts in the world they are located, I am of course willing to source from outside the UK.

Please either reply on this forum or send me a private message.
This thread will also be posted on the w126 section of the forums.

Many Thanks.

-ClaxBenz.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in