post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 08:08 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: 1983 Mercedes Benz 300D Turbo
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Mileage Badges for "Mile-stones"

Hello everyone - I'm pretty much a rookie on this site but I won't apologize for the cheesy word usage - I just hit the 200,000 mile marker on my 1983 300TD and it truly is a milestone. Can anyone help me find one of those great looking badges that go on the front grill as a testament to the life of my mercedes? Thanks a million and I'm really looking forward to seeing some of your cars and hearing your stories!

Cheers,
Jude83
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 11:24 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Oct 2007
Here's the info I used to get mine, the MB Tech didn't even look at my odometer!

The Mercedes-Benz Classic Center, the first of its kind to be established by an auto manufacturer in the U.S., has re-launched the brand's popular High Mileage Award to recognize Mercedes owners' brand loyalty and their cars' durability. Mercedes-Benz cars have been known to routinely travel hundreds of thousands of miles, with more than a few eclipsing the million-mile mark.

The High Mileage Award is available free to Mercedes owners who have traveled at least 155,000 miles (250,000 km), and nearly 3,000 owners have downloaded the award application since it became available from the http://www.mbusa.com/classic web site on March 1. After completing the application, the owner must take the car to a Mercedes-Benz authorized dealer for odometer verification.

Mercedes-Benz first introduced the High Mileage Award in the 1960s, and owners proudly attached the Star and Laurel radiator grill badges that signified the milestone they had achieved. For the award re-launch, the badge has been redesigned and recognizes cars that achieve the 250,000, 500,000, 750,000, 1,000,000-kilometer and one-million-mile marks. In addition to a badge for the car's grill, the owner also receives a presentation folio with a High Mileage Award certificate.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: 1983 Mercedes Benz 300D Turbo
(Thread Starter)
Wow...

Thanks, Trip. That's great info. I'll be posting a pic once I get my badge! Thanks again and have a great Sunday!
Jude83
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 06:29 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 2005 C240 4matic, 2003 c240 4matic, 1998 C230, 1995 S320 LWB
As a heads up, I submitted my high mileage form. Mercedes shipped it to me via Fedex with a requirement for a live signature of an adult over 18 years of age. As they shipped it to my home, I was never there to sign for it at the times that Fedex came by so I need to arrange for a reship. People might consider adding notes with alternate addresses for daytime live signatures to Fedex in addition to home addresses to help the good folks at Mercedes NJ ship out badges to their milestone reaching die hard customers.

I'm looking forward to receiving two badges... and I still drive and love the Mercedes ride.

Happy Motoring
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 02:52 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2008
Vehicle: '82 Euro 500SEL, '85 Euro 500SEC AMG WB Cabriolet,'86 Euro 500SEC RUF
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Yes and do not use a P.O. Box or you will not receive the badge. I use a local UPS Store/print shop(they have Fedex and mail box service) for things that need a signature.

"I know you think you understand what you thought you heard me say, but what you thought you heard me say is not necessarily what I meant!"
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 10:07 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jan 2009
Vehicle: 1986 300e, 2004 Pontiac GTO
Hey so when they remade the badge for high milage mercedes did they get rid of the badge for 155,000 mile cars because right now i am at 154 so i am definitaly interested in trying to get one if there is one. But i was looking at the link and i couldnt find the spot for highmilage registration. could you trell me where its at on the sight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripWagner View Post
Here's the info I used to get mine, the MB Tech didn't even look at my odometer!

The Mercedes-Benz Classic Center, the first of its kind to be established by an auto manufacturer in the U.S., has re-launched the brand's popular High Mileage Award to recognize Mercedes owners' brand loyalty and their cars' durability. Mercedes-Benz cars have been known to routinely travel hundreds of thousands of miles, with more than a few eclipsing the million-mile mark.

The High Mileage Award is available free to Mercedes owners who have traveled at least 155,000 miles (250,000 km), and nearly 3,000 owners have downloaded the award application since it became available from the http://www.mbusa.com/classic web site on March 1. After completing the application, the owner must take the car to a Mercedes-Benz authorized dealer for odometer verification.

Mercedes-Benz first introduced the High Mileage Award in the 1960s, and owners proudly attached the Star and Laurel radiator grill badges that signified the milestone they had achieved. For the award re-launch, the badge has been redesigned and recognizes cars that achieve the 250,000, 500,000, 750,000, 1,000,000-kilometer and one-million-mile marks. In addition to a badge for the car's grill, the owner also receives a presentation folio with a High Mileage Award certificate.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 10:30 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2009
Vehicle: 1987 300D Turbo (RIP), 1995 E420, 1993 400E
Yep... That's the 250,000km badge. Just got mine for my 400E. Send me a PM with your personal e-mail, and I'll forward your the e-mail with the necessary form to fill out from MB Classic center.

Best regards,

Aaron
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-15-2010, 09:47 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronJW124 View Post
Yep... That's the 250,000km badge. Just got mine for my 400E. Send me a PM with your personal e-mail, and I'll forward your the e-mail with the necessary form to fill out from MB Classic center.

Best regards,

Aaron
Hi there all, I'm interested in that badge you guys discussed (last year). My 240D has reach 280.000km. But I didn't find the page for the application, can anyone help me with a direct link?

thanks
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-15-2010, 07:29 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: 1983 240d AT; 1993 e320 AT
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kampred View Post
Hi there all, I'm interested in that badge you guys discussed (last year). My 240D has reach 280.000km. But I didn't find the page for the application, can anyone help me with a direct link?

thanks
Check this:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/gene...plication.html

There is a PDF of the form in the thread for you and all to use.

Last edited by benzmizer; 03-15-2010 at 07:32 PM.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-15-2010, 09:34 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Jan 2010
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzmizer View Post
Check this:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/gene...plication.html

There is a PDF of the form in the thread for you and all to use.
Thanks for the reply benzmizer, my mistake that I didn't check prior to posting, it's only for US residents. Thanks anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in