post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-25-2007, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2005
Vehicle: 02 E55; 99 CLK430 (Sold)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
FS: 99 CLK430 - $12,500

I've decided it's time to move on from my CLK430. Ok, technically the wife doesn't think it's too "family friendly", so it now has to go. I've loved this car for the past, oh, three years or so. So let's just get down to the details. I'm asking $12,500 for it. I think this is a very reasonable price for this car. It is still in really great shape, but like all cars about 8 years old, it's not perfect. It has small rock chips and a few little door dings and things here or there. I just want to be completely honest about my car. You'll see in the pictures it still looks beautiful, but it's not a brand new vehicle. Obviously it's black and has the oyster interior. It's a very nice combination. It has the K3 and K4 packages, so basically it has pretty much every option. It has xenon's (or HID's or whatever you want to call them), heated seats, rain sensing wiper and more. It has an aftermarket Alpine stereo with a CD changer in the trunk. It has about 106,300 miles, but I'm still driving it so it may be a little different. I think I bought it with about 89,000 miles, so I've only put about 17K miles on in almost 3 years. The only times it's been in the shop other than for routine oil changes (always Mobil 1 synthetic of course) is for a recall on something I can't remember right now and once it needed a new flywheel I think. Nothing else that I can think of.

In the past year or so I've tried to do all of the 100K mile type maintenance. I changed the spark plugs using Bosch Platinums and Magnecor high performance wires. I had the transmission fluid flushed and filled with Mercedes fluid (although they say it's a lifetime fluid). I put a new Mass Air Flow sensor on even though I had no problems with the previous one. I also had the coolant flushed and filled.

I'll list the mods in a bit, but along with this are the new brakes I've put on recently. I put Brembo cross drilled rotors on and used Axxis Deluxe pads. These pads produce little to no dust. Much, much nicer than the stock type pads. I installed Goodridge steel braided brake lines. I also flushed out the old brake fluid and put ATE Super Blue Racing brake fluid in. The stopping power is very nice obviously.

Sounds good so far, so let's go onto the mods. Some are performance, some are just for looks.
- AMG airbox from the CLK55 (this produces more HP than stock)
- Powerchip (for Octane 93 for max performance)
- K&N air filters (no, I don't over oil them and I've never had a problem because of them)
- Eisenmann race exhaust
- removed resonator (combined with the exhaust it sounds beautiful)
- Brembo cross drilled rotors
- Axxis Deluxe pads
- Goodridge steel braided brake lines
- ATE Super Blue Racing brake fluid

These are more of the "performance" type mods. This car is pretty fast and has a rear wheel dyno of: HP - 234.1 Torque - 238.2
Remember, this is not the flywheel numbers from the factory, so please don't be confused.

Here's a list of my cosmetic type mods:
- black grill
- chrome headlight rings
- chrome gauge rings
- burlwood and chrome shift knob
- chrome shift surround
- V8 badges
- Silverstar fog lights and high beams
- AMG pedals
- rear decklid spoiler
- clear bumper lenses
- all of the clear lights were "smoked" to look more AMG but this could really stand to be redone. I can do this for the person who would like to buy this if they want.

I also put the Monoblock type wheels on. These were from a CLK55 on the forum and I liked them more so I swapped them. They are not in perfect shape. There are a few curb spots on them. Also, I believe one or two of them are slightly bent. When I say slightly, I mean you only feel a slight shake between 45-50 mph. Otherwise you would never know and I've never had any problems with them.

I have Hankook Ventus V4 ES H105 All season high performance tires on there. They're coming up on 2 years old, but I can't remember the mileage when I put them on. I also just got a four wheel alignment done recently, but admit I waited a little long to do it. The front tires are a little worn only on the outside.

I hope I've included all of the details one might want to know about my car, but if I forgot something, please ask. I also have some stock parts like the stock exhaust, airbox, pedals and shift knob. I don't have anything to hide with this car and it would make a great car for anyone, at a great price.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01353.jpg
Views:	5004
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	147151   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01341.jpg
Views:	1847
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	147152   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02233.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	147153   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00329.jpg
Views:	816
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	147154  

The Thrill is back!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-25-2007, 03:09 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Feb 2005
Vehicle: Daily: 2000 Kleemann Supercharged CLK 430. Seductress: 1988 Jap AMG SEC Widebody
Location: Northern Virginia @ Mount Vernon, the original Ground Zero
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Good luck with your sale

Enjoy yourself, Marco.

. . . . .
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-25-2007, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Thanks man.

Also, I realized I forgot to include contact info, so I can either be contacted by PM or by e-mail at jtbeche2@hotmail.com.

The Thrill is back!
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-25-2007, 05:40 PM

Date registered: Nov 2004
Vehicle: E55 ///AMG
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Good luck!

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-25-2007, 09:05 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 CLK430
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Very nice car. Best wishes with the sale
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 01:43 AM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Bump for a decent & honest guy.

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 07:54 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
I've had a lot of interest in some of the parts. Just letting everyone know at this time I'd like to sell it as is. If that changes then I'll let some of you know.

The Thrill is back!
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 05:11 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
ttt

The Thrill is back!
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 07:48 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Still for sale. It's a great car and I'm flexible on the price. Make me an offer guys.

The Thrill is back!
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 05:19 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
I've had interest but no substantial offers yet. Do you guys think I have this priced right?

The Thrill is back!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in