Hi all! I bought a TD wagon non-turbo knowing it had a few problems but hoped to be able to rectify them easily and quickly. Unfortunately these problems are multiplying and I'm afraid I don't have the time or the resources to bring this decent looking car back to being fully functional. So I'm offering it to my fellow Benzoids.+
Here's the BAD
1) Transmission shifts hard and is slipping under hard accelleration. I had vacuum work done on it and it only went so far. Manually shifting into 2nd and 1st gear yields no results. I've never seen anything like it. Shift bushings?
2) The a/c and climate controls don't want to work. Somehow I can get the defrost to work.
3) Window regulator is toast on the passenger front so it won't go down
4) One axle is torn and the car makes a clunking noise in reverse. I do have a spare axle which isn't torn buying can take.
5) Seats are flat as a pancake because the stuffing is compressed.
6) Dashboard is cracked but I have a nice black dash cover to put on it so I don't have to see it.
7) There are two missing pieces of trim on the passenger front fender and door
8) There is a minor dent in the door
9) The odometer stopped at 186k who knows when!
10) Not all the door locks inside the car work
1) There is no rust anywhere!
2) Besides a few nicks, a dent and a few blemishes, the car's not too hard to look at
3) The engine works just fine and I just gave it a valve adjustment, new fuel and air filters, oil change, transmission fluid change and a diesel purge.
4) New window switches
5) Recent vacuum line diagnosis and repair
6) Chrome looks great all over the car
7) I'm pretty certain the SLS actually works!
8) Interior is fair but not unsightly. Glove box is weird, map holders are missing but who cares.
I'm only looking to get back what I bought it for and put into it...$2500.
I bought new shocks for the rear lift and a new hood release to install.
The biggest issue really is the transmission which probably needs a rebuild. A few adjustments helped the shifting but it just isn't the way it should be despite all our attempts.
That and the axle are the most important things to work on. The axle only makes any noise backing up a steep driveway. I have a spare axle which came off my 84' 300D which worked just fine. I replaced both axles on the 84' at the same time just to be consistent.
E-mail me firstname.lastname@example.org
Call me 310-780-1563
or simply PM me through this site