S CLASS COLD AIR INTAKE - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 11:37 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Sep 2007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

I don't think any one makes cold air intakes for these cars. I have a S430 and I designed a cold air intake system, and had it made. It came out so nice and clean, that people suggested I should try to sell them. Here are some pictures of what I am talking about, even if you don't want to buy one, please let me know what you think of it.

Getting rid of the stock air-box assembly actually made the engine run a little cooler. By the way, the difference in the throttle response, and the acceleration is amazing. It will fit 2000-2006 S500 and S430.

eBay Motors: Mercedes Benz S-Class w220 Cold Air Intake System (item 220151395832 end time Sep-24-07 21:22:37 PDT)
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 02:07 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Jan 2006
Vehicle: 1985 w201 Euro 2.3-16vlv / 1992 w201 2.6 Sportline Manual
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'll reserve judgment on it, but i think the price may be a bit steep TBH, you may entice people to make their own as you have. Haha. However if its affordable to them, why waste their own time.

I'm not too familiar with the amount of room in the engine compartment, but possibly fabricating an intake system that can be routed to the bumper would make for an even more improved CAI.

I know on my type of cars, that intake system would fail because the stock box provides a much better level of support with a K&N filter. I'm not sure how the w220 stock intake system runs. But you may be onto something.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: