83 Mercedes Benz AMG *RARE* - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 06:03 AM
IR MODERATOR

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 1996 Volvo 855GLT, 1993 MB 190e 2.3 8v, 1998 Subaru Outback SUS, 1991 BMW 525, 1998 MB C230
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Send a message via AIM to Jippi Send a message via MSN to Jippi
not amg i think its a straight up euro 126. i love the way the bumpers are on these things. they are shorter then the us spec ones.

1993 MB 190E 2.3 105k- its alive.. 1996 Volvo 855 GLT-R 350k still rolling
1998 Subaru Outback SUS 210k- Daily Driver 2011 Toyota Camry XLE 36k
1991 BMW 525I stock as stock gets 98k (Wrecked) 1998 MB C230 209k possessed by the devil
Benzworld.org---Tri-State Crew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 04:54 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Vehicle: 1983 Euro 500SEC AMG, 83 SEC custom convertible, 2x 84 500SEC, 02 w203coupe, euro 1985 300d
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
for all those that wish to pursue this......

I went and checked this car out in person. If someone needs a straight body, i didn't even see any door dings, it was a well cared for vehicle no seperation of the back glass, NO rust in the usual areas---- came from texas, so dry climate rubber seals bits need refreshed or replacing. has euto headlights and wiper system intact. Interior is of course cloth and shows normal decay for that year-bumpers are in excellent shape, aluminum is only just starting to anodise and looks as though this was very well cared for and in no collisions

As for the AMG documentation....it has a door jam sticker but was made by Great Western Auto "rent-a-car" and gives the inventory number and clearly states it as a 500se AMG....however if there was any motor work it is not evident...guess this was a rental at the time it was shipped over here and they titled it as such... It spent the majority of its life in Texas ---you can clearly tell it was from a dry hot climate

The Engine---1982 euro log headers, dual exhaust, no smog pump, didn't look underneath to see if it had the cats---new plugs, BERU wires, cap, coil, frequency valve, fresh vacum pieces, I pulled off the valve cover and looked very clean with no oil deposits, someone has done the chain and upper rails, tensioner, oil spraying rails, as well as the cis unit (original was in the trunk, among other parts)(valve seals may have been done?)

as for the running issue, didn't fire her over but as the owner stated in the previous post --2 of the cylenders have a low compression which are closest to the driver's side firewall so maybe it does need a head gasket on that side only.

The owner will not part her out so don't ask---if you want a straight body for your good running engine, this is a great donor car with no rust. Or put a little more money into her to fix the engine, refresh the paint and you are done---it looks like it was well maintained for the majority of its life---I have far too many projects and tend to sway towards the coups, otherwise i would take it on
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in