post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Apr 2007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Arrow Mechanic in Austin, TX Area

Hi Forum Members,

I am looking for a mechanic who works on Mercedes engines (500 SEL) part time or on the side in the Austin, TX or San Antonio, TX area. I will also consider a mechanic who can coach me through engine repair. Any referrals would be appreciated.

Al Chaney

512-837-1990 Hm
916-248-2999 Cell
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-16-2007, 07:36 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Mar 2004
Vehicle: Euro 1985 500SEL
I used to live in San Antonio and I went to a great mechanic. I found him in the phone book, and what stood out about him was that he was Mercedes Certified and stated so in his ad, which is what you want. I can't remember his name, but I believe it was Parra Automotive. Look for Parra Automotive in the phone book, if it's them their ad will state "Mercedes Certified", and call them and ask them if they have a Mechanic that is Mercedes Certified, if yes, that's him, as it's rare to find Merc Cert. mechanics outside of a Merc Dealership. Their automotive place is huge and looks like an airplane hangar filled with Mercs. He worked on my 500 SEL and did an excellent job at a fair price. I'm sorry I don't remember his name, as this was many years ago and I'm in another state now, so I hope I'm right about this. But if it isn't Parra, just look in the phone book under auto repair, then look for the MB section, and look for an ad that states Mercedes wasn't a big ad but it did state that on it. Good luck and let me know if you find him. =)

My religion is kindness.
~The Dalai Lama

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-17-2007, 08:43 AM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Aug 2007
Vehicle: 2006 R350
Import Auto on Gray Blvd. are awesome. My wife has a BMW, my sister a C320 and my business partner just started taking his E500 to them. They do quality work are friendly and knowledgeable and do it for a reasonable price.

This is where I will be taking my newly purchased R350. I have no problem with them telling me I need something, if they say so then it needs to be done.

Give them a shout, you won't be dissapointed. I'll bet my reptuation on it.

2nd just the first loser.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: